Cleaning/washing The Screen?

Azure

Trust the recursion...
So, I my Pandora arrived yesterday (woo hoo!), but unfortunately it came with some *gunk* on the screen (underneath the little plastic protector that they slap on). So, the bottom right region of my screen has some gunk remains on it (which is a shame for such a gorgeous screen). I really would like to clear this away somehow, but it looks like it's going to need a good rubbing. What's the suggested way (a.k.a. won't void my warranty or anything :p) to take care of this?

I tought, if i get my Pandora in some weeks (03.11.08), i will cleane it like my "Noise Bicicle" (noob-translation of the german "Nasenfahrrad" Brille, Eyeglasses

Whit a noise bicicle cleaning sheet (towel..) or my t-shirt..

dont use your fingers for the touchscreen, there is a wonderfull stylus..

matzesu said:
I tought, if i get my Pandora in some weeks (03.11.08), i will cleane it like my "Noise Bicicle" (noob-translation of the german "Nasenfahrrad" Brille, Eyeglasses

But my fingers are styluses. There was... an accident... and they had to rebuild me (it's a long story).

Last edited by a moderator:
matzesu said:

Though the stylus feels coarse against the screen; it feels like there is a lot of friction there, making it almost painful to use (especially if you want to drag something...).

(first post from pandora...yay!)

^ Check the tip. Maybe you have to sand it off a little bit to make it smooth, as others reported.

Hello , i used fragrance free baby wipes and a soft cloth after to dry , use this on all my displays and is really good , if you need a soft cloth , get one from specsavers lol go in and say you lost the cloth you got with your specs , they will just give you a new one thinking you are a customer.

Should go to specsavers :p

or ask your old grandpappy :lol:

I always use distilled water and a lint free cloth for every screen I clean. Many eyeglass/camera lens cleaning wipes contain chemicals that strip away anti-glare coatings on LCD and CRT screens.

mindlord said:
I always use distilled water and a lint free cloth for every screen I clean. Many eyeglass/camera lens cleaning wipes contain chemicals that strip away anti-glare coatings on LCD and CRT screens.
Man, I just rub my finger on it...
If it's REALLY grubby I lick it first. :p

Aninhumer said:
mindlord said:

The screen? Or your finger?

Monk said:
Aninhumer said:
mindlord said:

Monk, he licks "it". Gives him that extra lube to really rub it out :lol:

paddy said:
Hello , i used fragrance free baby wipes and a soft cloth after to dry , use this on all my displays and is really good , if you need a soft cloth , get one from specsavers lol go in and say you lost the cloth you got with your specs , they will just give you a new one thinking you are a customer.

Should go to specsavers :p

or ask your old grandpappy :lol:

thats a Big DONT!.

a friend of mine messed up a whole screen with those, some baby wipes have cleaning chemicals strong enough to get the screen blurry beyond repair,
it looks just like the bathroom mirror after someone taking a hot shower, except that this is permanent.

er? you all own computers? right?, you clean the screens, right?, you have something like Technika screen cleaning wipes not One foot away from the workstation?, right?, so why are you using baby wipes and old bits of rag?, especially wipes that may contain moisturisers/alchohol which may ruin the screen?, don't be cheap, get some proper wipes for your screen :rolleyes: (from....ie, Tesco/Asda/Wilcos/PC World/Comet/Curries/local discount shop/Aldi/Lidl/Poundland/market/QD/Argos etc)

hobbyman II said:
er? you all own computers? right?, you clean the screens, right?, you have something like Technika screen cleaning wipes not One foot away from the workstation?, right?, so why are you using baby wipes and old bits of rag?, especially wipes that may contain moisturisers/alchohol which may ruin the screen?, don't be cheap, get some proper wipes for your screen :rolleyes: (from....ie, Tesco/Asda/Wilcos/PC World/Comet/Curries/local discount shop/Aldi/Lidl/Poundland/market/QD/Argos etc)

I'll have you know my Tshirt isn't saturated with alcohol! Oh no, wait...

Poem58 said:
Monk said:
Aninhumer said:
mindlord said:

Monk, he licks "it". Gives him that extra lube to really rub it out :lol:

TMI! WTMI!!! :eek:

omg lol on second thoughts emm don't use baby wipes - my screen has gone bad ,only kidding but emm no those guys are right ,don't use baby wipes ,i use them becase my child's wipes are the very very free of anything type.

Back