Cheep Chinese Pmp What Did It Do Or Not Do

R

RedBaron

Cheep Chinese PMP is there any body brave enough that would admit they have bought one and a realistic evaluation of it, a bit more that they are junk, WHY exactly,
What did it do or not do

Which one in particular? Any?

I have bought 3 or 4 over the years, and used many, many more. They, without fail, have low quality LCD screens, glitchy firmware that lags, the music interface is generally absolutely terrible, video is massively hit or miss. Plus, they are never going to get a firmware update, and if there was a new firmware, you have no way of finding the right one for your unit.

Game emulation? They generally throw a few terrible emulator ports on it without optimizing them at all. Most of the ones that claim to emulate all kinds of systems can only emulate NES, and the ones that go higher do an absolutely terrible job. Sound is broken or non existent, motion is choppy, games are broken, etc.

Build quality is usually terrible, with the case flexing so much, that sitting with it in your back pocket will probably break it. The buttons ALWAYS suck, as they use either low quality metal hat contact switches, or really stiff rubber membranes. The dpads, without fail, have no pivot point, making diagonals impossible, or even worse, the dpad is not even a single piece of plastic, but just 4 independent buttons.

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that usually, the hardware, software, and support is trash for these generic PMPs. They have been around for years, and they are not even close to the Dingoo. The JDX 301 is really nice, though, and the SmartQ T5 II. Those are the only chinese gaming PMPs out there worth getting.

palmertech said:
Which one in particular? Any?

I have bought 3 or 4 over the years, and used many, many more. They, without fail, have low quality LCD screens, glitchy firmware that lags, the music interface is generally absolutely terrible, video is massively hit or miss. Plus, they are never going to get a firmware update, and if there was a new firmware, you have no way of finding the right one for your unit.

Game emulation? They generally throw a few terrible emulator ports on it without optimizing them at all. Most of the ones that claim to emulate all kinds of systems can only emulate NES, and the ones that go higher do an absolutely terrible job. Sound is broken or non existent, motion is choppy, games are broken, etc.

Build quality is usually terrible, with the case flexing so much, that sitting with it in your back pocket will probably break it. The buttons ALWAYS suck, as they use either low quality metal hat contact switches, or really stiff rubber membranes. The dpads, without fail, have no pivot point, making diagonals impossible, or even worse, the dpad is not even a single piece of plastic, but just 4 independent buttons.

I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that usually, the hardware, software, and support is trash for these generic PMPs. They have been around for years, and they are not even close to the Dingoo. The JDX 301 is really nice, though, and the SmartQ T5 II. Those are the only chinese gaming PMPs out there worth getting.
Thank you very much for your review of the Cheep Chinese PMP, greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
RedBaron said:
palmertech said:
Cheap Chinese PMPs are Cheap
Thank you very much for your review of the Cheep Chinese PMP, greatly appreciated
Wait, were you asking about a literal device called "The Cheep Chinese PMP"??
It sounds implausible, but with names like JooJoo and Dingoo, I would not be surprised.

lulzfish said:
RedBaron said:
palmertech said:
Cheap Chinese PMPs are Cheap
Wait, were you asking about a literal device called "The Cheep Chinese PMP"??
It sounds implausible, but with names like JooJoo and Dingoo, I would not be surprised.

Seeing as this thread is the first google hit you get for "Cheep Chinese PMP", I somewhat doubt it. I think this is just RB being his amusing self :)

Back