Changing Your Static Ip

fluffyhamster

I'm pretty posative this is impossible unless you contact your isp, am i right?

PS I was helping out my friend and trying out a cd-key for wc3 and well my ip got banned :lol: .

No, you'll need to contact you IP, but if this is the site I think it might be your IP ban will be lifted in 24 hours.

Mudi posted on Feb 2 2007 at 07:50 PM said:
No, you'll need to contact you IP, but if this is the site I think it might be your IP ban will be lifted in 24 hours.

If it was this site i wouldn't be posting. . . . It's wc3 , and i'm running windows XP

EDIT: BNET, East, West, and Asia servers. Call me all you want. (i can still play Europe server though)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mudi posted on Feb 3 2007 at 01:50 AM said:

well if your a turd you will get a perm ban.....

fluffyhamster posted on Feb 3 2007 at 01:38 AM said:

PS I was helping out my friend and trying out a cd-key for wc3 and well my ip got banned :lol: .
Your IP as you are seen on the Internet is governed by your ISP. So yes you are correct. Here are your options:

1. If you have an arrangement with your ISP to have a permanent IP Address you will have a range of about 8 addresses, only 6 are allocated for your personal use. Change your router to one of the others.

2. Your ISP is allocating you a random address via DHCP. Your address will change soon so shut down your router/modem and reconnect.

3. Your ISP has allocated you an address, still via DHCP, you can contact them to get them to change it.

Okay I said in section 2 you get a random address, this is not exactly true, you simply get the next free address in the range. I just thought I would mention that as I bet some ejit out there would go "Well ner ner you don't ner get ner the exact random... blah etc..."

I'm sorry, I misread that a bit obviously. Forget what I said <_<

WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 2 2007 at 08:03 PM said:

Your IP as you are seen on the Internet is governed by your ISP. So yes you are correct. Here are your options:

1. If you have an arrangement with your ISP to have a permanent IP Address you will have a range of about 8 addresses, only 6 are allocated for your personal use. Change your router to one of the others.

2. Your ISP is allocating you a random address via DHCP. Your address will change soon so shut down your router/modem and reconnect.

3. Your ISP has allocated you an address, still via DHCP, you can contact them to get them to change it.

Okay I said in section 2 you get a random address, this is not exactly true, you simply get the next free address in the range. I just thought I would mention that as I bet some ejit out there would go "Well ner ner you don't ner get ner the exact random... blah etc..."

Ty for the response, I've already tried renewing, but if i released and shut down my network completely would i have a chance of getting a different ip?

fluffyhamster posted on Feb 3 2007 at 02:25 AM said:
Ty for the response, I've already tried renewing, but if i released and shut down my network completely would i have a chance of getting a different ip?
When you say you have tried renewing do you mean:
ipconfig /renew ?
if so, it's possible your IP lease is still in effect you will be given the same address. Try doing the following:
ipconfig /release
then
ipconfig /renew

This usually releases the leased address, and obtains a new one.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 2 2007 at 08:31 PM said:
ipconfig /renew ?
if so, it's possible your IP lease is still in effect you will be given the same address. Try doing the following:
ipconfig /release
then
ipconfig /renew

That's what i did, sorry i worded it badly. But if i shut it down overnight do you think it would change anything?

EDIT: I did it two ways, with my router, and with command prompt.

fluffyhamster posted on Feb 3 2007 at 02:36 AM said:
WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 2 2007 at 08:31 PM said:
ipconfig /renew ?
ipconfig /release
then
ipconfig /renew

That's what i did, sorry i worded it badly. But if i shut it down overnight do you think it would change anything?
Doesn't do any harm trying. if you still get the same IP, then I would contact your ISP.

By the way, out of interest, the IP you're getting isn't something like 192.168.0.2 is it?

WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 2 2007 at 07:03 PM said:

This is not necessarily true. The ISP I work at, for example, will only allocate you a maximum of 2 static IP addresses if you're paying for our "business" service. Using one that's not given to you is IP theft and a good way to get your service terminated. Check with your ISP to see how many addresses you have and what they are exactly.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Feb 2 2007 at 08:38 PM said:
By the way, out of interest, the IP you're getting isn't something like 192.168.0.2 is it?

No, :lol: . It's my actual ip address.

Ty Ravnos , I guess i have to purchase more (up to 4 more), sigh. But something freak might happen. You never know :) .

This is what my ISP told me to do.

Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot the issue. If you wish to force
the server to assign you a new IP address, you would need to complete these
steps 5-10 times in rapid succession.

If your cable modem is connected to one computer:

1. Shut down your computer
2. Unplug the power cord of your cable modem
3. Wait 2 minutes
4. Plug the power cord of your cable modem back in
5. Wait for the online or pc light to turn solid green (This can take up to five
minutes)
6. Restart your computer

If you have a router, please follow these steps:

1. Shut down your computers
2. Unplug the power cord of your cable modem
3. Unplug the power cord of your router
4. Wait 2 minutes
5. Plug the power cord of your cable modem back in
6. Wait for the online or pc light on the cable modem to turn solid green (This
can take up to five minutes)
7. Plug the power cord of your router back in
8. Wait 2 minutes
9. Restart your computers

Those steps only work if you have a dynamic IP (aka DHCP). If you have a static IP you will need to get a new one manually assigned to you to get it changed, and they probably won't assign you one just because you were banned from BNET.

If you were using a dynamic IP, then those steps should get you a new IP.

If you have ADSL rather than a cable modem, then doing the above steps 5 - 10 times in quick succession is a good way of BT increasing your target SNR, applying interleaving, and decreasing your IP profile, thus reducing your download rate.

If you have a cable modem however, they usually work, as your IP is normally semi-static (stays the same even through a reboot, but several reboots or a command from cable co causes a change).

Why change your IP when you can use an anonymous proxy, I use them all day everyday as I am banned from pretty much all the decent torrent sites. All I need to do is load a anonymous proxy and im straight back onto the site hit & running as much as I can before my IP is banned again, as soon as that happens I get a new proxy and stirght back on again!!

One problem with using a proxy, I know absolutely nothing about it, and can it be set up for WC3? If it can, can you help me out?

Why not just contact one of the bigwigs up at WC (no idea what that stands for) place, explain that there was a misunderstanding (blame it all on your friend), and can you be unbanned?

It's a lot more simple than the rest of this shite.

Sorry I missunderstood your question, Im not sure if you can connect with a proxy as I have never played the game. however a quick googl brings up a few pages with people asking the same "can I connect with a proxy" question, have a look and see if anyone got the reply you are after :)

Back