Cerberus

frolik

Bass Invader
Website
Visit site
The Sentinel was a classic game of wits that originated on the C64 and then released on to the other 8bit and 16bit computers, I've looked into possibilities of emulating on one of the platforms we have available but due to the odd control mechanism it doesn't seem feasable.

I found this open source and cross platform remake, Cerberus, which looks tasty. I'm not sure how easy it would be to compile for the Wiz, but it would be excellent to be able to play it on the move!

Here's the site & source:

http://www.miscdebris.net/cerberus/index.php

The Sentinel was a cracking game, not a great deal of action but it had a brilliant atmosphere. The update on PS1 (Sentinel Returns) was good too, but the organic imagery was very grimy and washed out looking. Although looking at Cerberus, there seems to be a strange disparity between the 2D graphics of the background and the non-shaded/non-lit polygonal landscape that just doesn't sit right. :(

A Wiz version would still be nice though, as it always was about gameplay over graphics. :)

Hi,

cerberus is still alpha quality, so I'm trying around what is possible with the Irrlicht engine, which I use for cerberus. I'm actually plan to make a classic mode, which is quite similar to The Sentinel regarding graphics and gameplay. There will be also a more modern mode, with nicer graphics and lightning. Anyway, it would be nice to port cerberus to the Wiz (after cerberus is playable), but I don't know if irrlicht runs on this platform.

Thanks for the interest though,
Werner

This would be great, i´m enjoyed a lot original Sentinel and Sentinel Returns in PSX with John Carpenter´s Original soundtrack :)

Back