cellphone bluetooth HOT ??

cosurgi

http://janek.kozicki.pl/
Website
janek.kozicki.pl
Hi,

did you notice that after using cellphone-bluetooth for internet with pandora - it gets warm, and after an hour it's even almost hot? Is my phone broken are you have observed similar thing? My brother told me, that bluetooth requires a lot of energy to transmit data and that's why it's hot. My cellphone is nokia 3120c.

I don't have a phone that I use to tether, but I have heard what you describe as happening for a significant number of phones while tethering. I don't know the science for it, but I doubt it's a flaw in your particular phone.

Most of the wireless network chipset are getting warm pretty fast.

Looks like emitting radio frequencies is pumping a lot of energy and so the components get hot.

Hi,

did you notice that after using cellphone-bluetooth for internet with pandora - it gets warm, and after an hour it's even almost hot? Is my phone broken are you have observed similar thing? My brother told me, that bluetooth requires a lot of energy to transmit data and that's why it's hot. My cellphone is nokia 3120c.

My Nokia N97 mini also gets warm when used this way... and when you think about what its doing its not really surprising.

You've got two radios going flat out, one talking to the cell tower, the other talking to your pandora. In between them you have a processor also going flat out which has a lot of work to do, processing 2 inbound and 2 outbound data streams, applying the correct protocols for each and transferring data between them, all while running the Phone's OS at the same time. Of course I am grossly oversimplifying but given that, is it any wonder it gets a little warm? :)

My iPhone used to get hot while using it to Tether. I hate AT&T and Verizon. Hoping I can crack a Credo Droid to tether with, anyone have one in the US?

Back