Celestial Mage

uzplayer

Still Fresh
Hello,

Sent this over, but I guess no one got it. So i'll report the release here. Stonewall Interactive released a demo of Celestial Mage for Windows XP. Plans are to port it to the GP32 as well. Release is below. I'll see about keeping people here up to date on progress.

----------------------------------------------------------------

For Immediate Release

Celestial Mage Demo Released – Most highly anticipated puzzle/strategy game since Tetris

Kissimmee, FL – August 16, 2005 – Stonewall Interactive, a premier independent game developer and publisher released a demo of the most highly anticipated puzzle/strategy game. Celestial Mage is the first in a series of games planned by Stonewall Interactive that promises to usher in a new era in the puzzle/strategy genre.

“We’re proud of our work on Celestial Mage” said Rocky Jalil, President and CEO of Stonewall Interactive. “My goal is to redefine gaming and push the limits of what can be done. I feel that the combination of ideas that formed Celestial Mage puts us on course to do that.”

Played on a chess-like 3D board, the goal is to clear the board by moving rune stones into combinations of 3 or more; creating scrolls and casting spells to advance to the next round. Each rune stone and scroll however is limited in moves; increasing the challenge.

Celestial Mage free demo is available for Windows XP. Plans include full versions for Windows XP, Pocket PC, Linux, Macintosh System X, Dreamcast, GamePark32 and the Tapwave Zodiac.

Download the demo at the link below:
http://www.stonewallinteractive.com

- 30 -

Note to editors: Screenshots available upon request

About Stonewall Interactive
Stonewall Interactive is a premiere independent game developer and publisher dedicated to bringing next generation games to mainstream and orphaned systems. In addition to PC/Mac development, Stonewall Interactive also develops games for a variety of orphaned systems including the Dreamcast, GamePark32 and Tapwave Zodiac.

Thats awesome! I love that you are making it for Dreamcast too! Ah, good ol' Dreamcast, it gets along with my GP32 so well. Cant wait to play the demo! :)

Hey everyone. Thanks for the kind words. I'll forward them over to the Stonewall Interactive team.

The Windows XP is a max requirement. I believe it should work on Windows 98 just fine as well.

- uzplayer

12mb is bugger all in this day and age :)

I'll post some piccies though, hold on... There's piccies of some pages of the instructions, the game itself, and just for completeness, the error message that I keep getting :)

Capture_2.jpg

Capture_3.jpg

Capture_4.jpg

Capture_5.jpg

Capture_6.jpg

Capture_7.jpg

Capture_8.jpg

Squidge,

Thank you for the screenshot of the error message. I'm going to pass this onto the developers.

- uzplayer

Squidge posted on Aug 17 2005 at 09:56 PM said:
12mb is bugger all in this day and age :)

I don`t know if this is sarcasm, if so, I only have ISDN and would need around 45 min to download 12mb, so it is a bugger for me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn Broadband users! *kicks his 56k modem*

Granted I personally have a 20mb self imposed restriction unless it's something I really really really want. Just set up the download while you watch tv or something for an hour.

But I'm anxious to hear what other people's impressions are on this game.

it's not a bad game...should be worth that hour of tv :D
i'm glad i'm no longer a 56ker haha

junker posted on Aug 18 2005 at 01:51 PM said:
it's not a bad game...should be worth that hour of tv :D
i'm glad i'm no longer a 56ker haha

The developers are glad you like it. There will be one very cool and interesting feature with this game that no one will expect in the final release as well.

I'm going to get the developer to post here a bit and answer questions soon.

Also, don't forget to join the forums at http://www.stonewallinteractive.com/forums/.. You can directly contact all the developers behind the game there..

Would it be possible to make the text a bit more sharp on the final version? The size is fine, but it doesn't seem like it's clear enough for me, and I have to strain at time to try and work out what some of it is.

Hmmm, Maybe it's just old age :eek: ;)

Squidge posted on Aug 19 2005 at 03:58 PM said:
Would it be possible to make the text a bit more sharp on the final version? The size is fine, but it doesn't seem like it's clear enough for me, and I have to strain at time to try and work out what some of it is.

Hmmm, Maybe it's just old age :eek: ;)

The final version will actually be smoother looking in terms of graphics and whatnot. They're working on all of it.. I'll see if I can get some screenshots up on the Stonewall's website as they are working on adding to it..

Update on Celestial Mage. PC version is going well. GP32 is next in line. We might need beta testers. Will keep you informed.

Back