Can't Run Wolfenstein And Quake.

baglio

Still Fresh
Hi guys.
As the title said, I can't run both this games.

When I try to lunch the .gpe file the loading screen appears, than I return to the main Caanoo menu...
Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance!

baglio said:
Hi guys.

When I try to lunch the .gpe file the loading screen appears, than I return to the main Caanoo menu...
Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance!

do you have good data files in the right location?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
baglio said:
Hi guys.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance!

do you have good data files in the right location?

Hi Pickle, thank you for your answer first : D

So, I don't know what data files are you talking about.
I downloaded the archive from the OpenHandhelds archive.

Then I unzipped it into the game directory of my Caanoo SD card, and I corrected the .ini file, now I can see it into the games menu section of my console.
But when I try to run it, it dosen't work...

Sorry for my newbe : (

baglio said:
Sorry for my newbe : (

This games are retail, meaning you need to buy the data in order to use them. ID the company behind these games released the source code allowing people like us to modify the game to run on any device. But they did not release the game data for free. You can find the data for these very cheap on steam or direct from ID.

There is one exception there are DOS shareware versions that could be used. Quake might work, wolf3d wont with the current binaries, but I would have to build a new binary that only works for shareware.

This games are retail, meaning you need to buy the data in order to use them. ID the company behind these games released the source code allowing people like us to modify the game to run on any device. But they did not release the game data for free. You can find the data for these very cheap on steam or direct from ID.

There is one exception there are DOS shareware versions that could be used. Quake might work, wolf3d wont with the current binaries, but I would have to build a new binary that only works for shareware.

Oh my god, I got it... so it's like eduke, where I have to have also the regular game files...
OOOOK now everything is clear!

So, when I get the game files, where I have to put them? into the same folder of the gpe files?

Thank you again!

baglio said:
So, when I get the game files, where I have to put them? into the same folder of the gpe files?

Thank you again!

quake they need to go in the right folder, like the normal data goes in id1, expansions go in thier own folders.
wolf3d data can be placed right in the same folder as the bins.

quake they need to go in the right folder, like the normal data goes in id1, expansions go in thier own folders.
wolf3d data can be placed right in the same folder as the bins.

OW GREAT! I get it works!!!!
Very nice, it works perfect!!!!

Thank you very much for your advice!, now I will try also Quake... XD

Both Game Amazing...
Thank you for the help again...

I can't wait for the eDuke port... :lol:

Back