Can't Get Mame To Work.

Console_Master

Still Fresh
I posted this in the emulation forum and no one seemed to give a shit, so I'll post it here. Every Time I run the mame.gpe I get a message that reads "error: no available games found" and at first I thought I had to use the autorun for it to compile the games (kinda like I do for the windows version) but thew autorun.gpe just locks up at the loading screen. Could some one please help me out, cause I really wanna play me some Metal Slug.

have you used clrmame pro to convert your roms to the required set ,use the dat file in mame4all to convert newer mame roms (ie the one you probably use in the windows version of mame you use )also make sure you have the neogeo bios rom in the roms folder ,hope this helps ;)

Peter R posted on May 22 2009 at 04:26 PM said:
It's telling you that you have no games on there.
I have games in their, I'm not retarded. <_< Thanks Darthmiike, I'll give it a shot and hopefully will be enjoying some metal slug by tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
No go I compiled the clmame.dat with the roms and it's still a no go. I may have done it incorrectly, though I followed a tutorial on how to use it. do you think I could just swap the clmame.dat with my windows one (which works) with the on on the Wiz?

Geez, another unclear clrmame pro application complication. You don't need that headache if you have the proper ROMs to begin with.
And what's negro got to do with MAME? Err Neo Geo. :ph34r: Gee. :wacko: Sorry.

I had this problem. Use zip files in Roms, don't unzip them is what fixed mine.

Back