Can't Get Finalburn Alpha Cache Tool To Work

Javy3

Still Fresh
Hello, I downloaded the FinalBurn Alpha Cache Tool from the archive and unzipped the folder to my desktop. Now I have a folder titled FBACache with a folder inside labeled "roms" and something labeled fbacache.exe. When I double click fbacache.exe it flashes open and immediately closes.

Could someone please walk me through using the cache tool program in more detail then the cut and dry explanation given in the archive. Thanks in advance.

You have to use the command prompt. For example fbacache.exe is located at C:\FBACache:
open the commend prompt, type in cd C:\Fbacache
Make sure you put the roms into the FBAcache folder, next type in the command prompt fbacache.exe [romname].zip
Where [romname] is the name of your rom file.

Have to say guys that I really cant work this out FBA cache programme out either. I take it that this programme for getting the large CPS2 games to work? To someone with little experience on computers though its pretty daunting. Am I right in thinking that this programme works similarly to the Neo Geo Wiz emulator which creates some sort of file for you on some of the larger titles?

On a different note I've had my Wiz for just over a week now and apart from trying to figure this out I'm very impressed with it. Mame, Neo Geo, Snes, Amiga, and Genesis emulators are absolutely fantastic and work really well with the OLED screen. Vsync has always been a pet hate of mine in console and PC games so I was really dreading the tearing issue people have mentioned. To be honest though you hardly notice it. Overall its certainly a big step up in quality from the flu GP32 that I had a few years back. :D

Mr.TwisT said:
You have to use the command prompt. For example fbacache.exe is located at C:\FBACache:
open the commend prompt, type in cd C:\Fbacache
Make sure you put the roms into the FBAcache folder, next type in the command prompt fbacache.exe [romname].zip
Where [romname] is the name of your rom file.

Thanks for the advice. I am working right now but when I get home I will try it out. Although I have noticed that the instructions say type in "fbacache.exe -d [romname].zip". What does the -d mean and why is it that you don't type that in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I forgot about the -d. just type it in - it's an additional argument for this particular program. I don't know what it does, just type it in.

Mr.TwisT said:
Yeah, I forgot about the -d. just type it in - it's an additional argument for this particular program. I don't know what it does, just type it in.
THANKS SO MUCH!! I came home and immediately got it to work. Thanks. One thing I would like to note for anybody with the same problem make sure you space in between fbacache.exe -d [romname].zip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back