Cancel Pandora And Refund Money Or Go Bankrupt And Be A Hermit.

clyborg

Still Fresh
WTF! I'm sick of seeing excusing for all these delays. If I was Craig or Ed, I would be f-cking jumping up and down on who/m then gave $$$ to help build only 900 devices.

I think I'll be dead by the time mine is shipped....or maybe another two months after that!

And this is my positive post! I will not post the x number of negative ones that I end up cancelling.

Clyborg said:
WTF! I'm sick of seeing excusing for all these delays. If I was Craig or Ed, I would be f-cking jumping up and down on who/m then gave $$$ to help build only 900 devices.

I think I'll be dead by the time mine is shipped....or maybe another two months after that!

And this is my positive post! I will not post the x number of negative ones that I end up cancelling.

Read the damned news section.

Last edited by a moderator:
#1 GameMaster said:
Yeah I got an E-mail today letting me know mine just shipped out.
Be patient.

Was this a 'premium' upgrade or a regular one in the waiting list? Seems quite a few people on both sites reporting premium unit shipping confirmations lately but unless I've missed them, no 'normal' ones.

Clyborg said:

Um... I have no idea what you're trying to tell me here.
Jumping up and down on whom they gave $$$ to help build only 900 devices? What?

Also... what delays?
A month ago we started shipping out units at a pretty regular rate, so what delays are there currently? :eek:

Last edited:
Asmo said:
#1 GameMaster said:
Be patient.

Was this a 'premium' upgrade or a regular one in the waiting list? Seems quite a few people on both sites reporting premium unit shipping confirmations lately but unless I've missed them, no 'normal' ones.

I shipped 30 regular ones this week, about the same amount next week.
Doesn't sound like much, but don't forget I only get 1/4th of the units to ship :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Asmo said:
#1 GameMaster said:
Be patient.

I shipped 30 regular ones this week, about the same amount next week.
Doesn't sound like much, but don't forget I only get 1/4th of the units to ship :)

So let's assume you got 900 units to ship to your customers.
If every week you'd ship out 30, then:
900 / 30 = 30. That means it would take you 30 weeks (7 months and a half) to ship out batch one ....
can that be true?

Wolfsclaw said:
So let's assume you got 900 units to ship to your customers.
If every week you'd ship out 30, then:
900 / 30 = 30. That means it would take you 30 weeks (7 months and a half) to ship out batch one ....
can that be true?
I guess Craigx did the same math and came up with his premium idea to get more hands in his basement to get that to a way more reasonable delai.

You are forgetting what EvilDragon just told you not to forget. He only receives 1/4th of the units made, to fulfill his own shops pre-order queue.

It will be a bright day once everyone has their Pandoras and nobody will have a reason to start YET ANOTHER thread about this crap.

Chaser said:
You are forgetting what EvilDragon just told you not to forget. He only receives 1/4th of the units made, to fulfill his own shops pre-order queue.

Are you joking? If so I don't get it.
AFAIR 4000 units were supposed to be the first batch minus some numbers, that's what i didn't say 1000, but 900 for ED. This is about the 1/4th of the first batch. Craig gets the other 3/4. (And I don't think Fatih ever got some... or has anyone ever heard of turkish preorders?)

Fatih did get some pre-orders and those have been fullfilled.

Source: dodgy memory.

We are already about a quarter of the way into the first batch. So its 675 and 22 weeks :p The premium orders will dry up soon enough I'd imagine, and Craig was going to throttle at 100 (although if that is per week, per fortnight, per day I can't remember).

Edit 1: According to Ed on the other board, they are at the half way mark for batch 1. So numbers above are off.

Edit 2: I wonder what the Op's thread was about....

Wolfsclaw said:
Chaser said:

Are you joking? If so I don't get it.
AFAIR 4000 units were supposed to be the first batch minus some numbers, that's what i didn't say 1000, but 900 for ED. This is about the 1/4th of the first batch. Craig gets the other 3/4. (And I don't think Fatih ever got some... or has anyone ever heard of turkish preorders?)

I never said I only ship 30 a week.
I said I shipped 30 THIS week.
I also shipped 100 two weeks ago ;)

It always depends on my time and the supply I have (I have a normal day job, 1000 LCD cables to solder, support, etc.)

Last edited:
Take that, trollers :

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/1451-im-an-idiot/page__p__27681#entry27681

Yeah I had misread you sorry, I took you to mean that ED was shipping just 30 per week for fun, out of a stockpile of 900 units he has sitting around, which was what you seemed to be implying. ED has clarified for both of us. I'd failed to mention the Turkish Delights but I figured they were all satisfied and we're now dealing with Evil Dragons and not White Witches already...continue to fawn some more.

EvilDragon said:
Clyborg said:

Um... I have no idea what you're trying to tell me here.
Jumping up and down on whom they gave $$$ to help build only 900 devices? What?

Also... what delays?
A month ago we started shipping out units at a pretty regular rate, so what delays are there currently? :eek:

Ed,

I appreciate your defense, but all the posts that were made about when batch 1 would/or will be complete just keeps getting longer. The releases are too sporatic to say "shipping out units at a pretty regular rate". Even if or when I get mine, the releases are just an unknown. Based on OP team posts, even you guys do not know when Batch 1 will finish.

Also, I only come here once in a month or two. Guess what? Not many units have been shipped....again.

Whomever has the most investment (Craig, and ???) in the Pandora project should of or needs to get the bottlenecks resolved. Two year delay for each person that ordered is not good business.

Call me a troll or whatever you or anyone else wants to call me. I am still a fan(and investor) of the openpandora project, just upset over the current project results.

Jason

Clyborg said:
I appreciate your defense, but all the posts that were made about when batch 1 would/or will be complete just keeps getting longer. The releases are too sporatic to say "shipping out units at a pretty regular rate". Even if or when I get mine, the releases are just an unknown. Based on OP team posts, even you guys do not know when Batch 1 will finish.

Also, I only come here once in a month or two. Guess what? Not many units have been shipped....again.

Whomever has the most investment (Craig, and ???) in the Pandora project should of or needs to get the bottlenecks resolved. Two year delay for each person that ordered is not good business.

Call me a troll or whatever you or anyone else wants to call me. I am still a fan(and investor) of the openpandora project, just upset over the current project results.

You DID read all the news and realized we had a complete production halt (broken nubs) until christmas last year?
And you DO realize we got about 800 boards in January and already shipped 700 units from those boards, the next 300 boards already on the way to UK?

So yeah, since after the big stall because of the broken nubs, we started to ship about 200 - 250 per week, which is a pretty steady flow.

Last edited:
Going on the statement that visits are only made every month or two, I feel that it's worth pointing out that there's an official OpenPandora forum, where fairly frequent news updates tend to get posted. It's located here - the news section is right at the top.

I always find these threads amusing... things are moving forward at SOME pace and people STILL need to complain... it's just in their nature... :p

Back