Can we keep this forum permanently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazza558

It's just nicer to have a forum integrated with the main site, with the correct color scheme and everything. That, and it's a lot faster than the other one (even before the other one broke).

It looks indeed nicer, and the integration is also very good.

It also make more sense for the forum to be here, then at the gp32x.de.

Only thing left to fix is ofcourse, the reply, add topic, edit etc buttons that are missing in the void. Yes, i'm cheating again " Reply to this topic " ;-) Already send a PM to Evil.

Last edited by a moderator:
But surely we don't want a split in the gp32x.demunity? I think I'd prefer to keep everything at gp32x.de if that's what it meant, or (if it was possible) at least integrate them

But surely we don't want a split in the gp32x.demunity? I think I'd prefer to keep everything at gp32x.de if that's what it meant, or (if it was possible) at least integrate them

It makes more sense moving them over here. Pandora is the future ... :)

Ah, okay.

Perhaps this forum could be linked from Gp32x to keep the integration - e.g users click on the pandora discussion at gp32x and they get linked here.

We could always copy the database over?

I can see how it does make more sense, to have official forums with pandora branding... It just seems a shame to force a split in the english language community!

Well, to be honest, the Pandora is a pretty different venture to the other consoles. It's more than a games emulation machine - it's a whole mini-laptop/UMPC. It needs a slightly different community around it - one that can focus on apps as much as games.

Until we get word from Hando on what has happened to GP32X we will stay here.

The ISP seems to have deleted the GP32X account including Handos email address (it bounces).

While I'm sure all the data is still somewhere, it does seem to be more serious than a normal suspended due to bandwidth issue.

Oh, PS, there are still about 200 Pandora consoles left to sell. I'd better send the other 12,000 newsletters which didn't survive the crash!

Yea, I'll sign and say we should have the forums here as well. Trying to load forums on gp32x has been very un-fun

but gp32x is where it all started! :) Allows for greater integration with wiz and gp2x owners as well. slowness has only been because of the recent surge in pandora coverage, normally they're very snappy

no edit button either...

But Congratulations on selling 2800 Craig! I bought two myself. One thing is, my order only has the address for the credit card. Billing and Shipping address fields are blank. But the email I got says that the order went through...do I have to correct information with anyone?

200 Pandoras left to sell eh?

Although I haven't been a member of gp32x for long (a month), it seems like the Pandora is a step up from all the other devices. A different forum would show this. As I say, linking to the new forum will prevent confusion/a split in communities.

Phawx: Most likely. I already talked to support about it and after giving them the order number and shipping address they added it with no problem.

Uhhh... where are the reply buttons though?

Well anyway, it's a difficult topic. I'd hate to see the gp32x forum posts all "lost" because of this new forum, but a pandora only forum has many advantages as well. Then again, it would also split the community. Maybe we should just keep both active...

I have a similar situation where I did send the money using PayPal, but I have no idea if they know my shipping address or not. I assume if they don't have it, I send an email and put that information in there along with the transaction ID? I need to know so the day comes and I know I am getting the damn thing.

Since I am here now. I would like to say congratulations on this. This is exactly what I needed. I look forward to seeing the MK2 case.

P.S

I have been a lurker on the GP32X forums for many months, but because it hates hotmail accounts like I have, I have been unable to sign up and I don't want to make a gmail account just for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back