Can Gpx2 Make Use Of...

Miner49er

Website
www.lessermatters.co.uk
...an external USB hard drive?

I have a 20G Archos unit, it would be totally cool If I could connect that and load roms etc. directly off it!

Any ideas?

Miner49er posted on Aug 31 2005 at 09:37 PM said:
...an external USB hard drive?

I have a 20G Archos unit, it would be totally cool If I could connect that and load roms etc. directly off it!

Any ideas?

It doesn't have USB host so I don't believe it could supply enough power for one

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually those HD's are self powered, so there's a good chance they could work. Just need drivers to interface with the drive.

People do this on PSP using the built-in USB link app. Simple file copying to MS only though. Maybe on GPX2 we could do more than that, maybe have direct access to the HD files. Could be very cool actually. Imagine having 20 - 40GB of music, games and movies on hand. :)

Haven't done this myself, but here's where I read about it:

http://www.psp411.com/forum/1644/0//40_GB_...sive_Duos.html#

I think this could also work with GPX2.

it'd need some kind of browser I think to run through the HD. I never heard anything about PSPs reading HDs before today so I'm just assuming that's how it works because I doubt that could be done without a Homebrew app hack.

Nope, no browser needed for PSP to use the HD. It just works through the standard USB link mode. See the link I posted above.

Man, that would be cool! 20Gig of films! AND be able to watch 'em through the telly.

Obviously 'cos now I really want this feature, it won't be able to happen.

The power of pessimism might help though...

http://www.supermediastore.com/apacer-shar...hard-drive.html

That's wild! it comes with a card reader too?... but then again the if you have the GPX2 already it'd probably be easier to just stick with it and cheaper media... plus you wouldnt have to lug around the external drive, just extra SD cards.

But I winder now if I can hook any other External drive up to my PSP just to see what happens...

Sound quite interesting(imagines hooking his 80 GB or 120 GB External HDD). The only problem other then communication software that I see is: is there a way to make and external HDD battery powered?

GPH is planning for a new version of GPX2 next year bording an internal HD. No official announcement yet for it.

Hopefully they'll release a connectable external or make it upgradable.

Back