Can Anybody Recomend Me Any Good Anime?

Lettuce Dude

Hogarth the hairy Hippo.
Website
Visit site
I've had quite alot of time on my hands latley and started watching quite alot of anime. I've watched my way though Air tv, Death Note, Chobits, Bleach(not all of them yet) quite alot of naruto, most of the studio gibli films... anything any of you guys would recomend?

neon genesis evangelion, cowboy bebop and trigun in no particular order.

all of them have a very good story and great drawing.

Why dont you subscribe to manga force ? the magazine i have and its quite good ! Even tho i have seen some of it before its good to have teh dvd and the wee magazine.

In no particular order here are my favorites:

Aah! My Goddess
Cowboy Bebop
Tri-Gun
Big O
Excel Saga
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Full Metal Alchemist
Samurai Champloo

... and on and on... :)

I'm currently obtaining Paranoia Agent s-CRY-ed and Witch Hunter Robin

basically anything under the "action" catagory on adultswim is good

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_progr...t_by_Adult_Swim

I would also recommend Berserk, Serial Experiments Lain, and anything by Studio Ghibli

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Studio_Ghibli

edit: if you are dling the anime (shame on you) and are having trouble playing the files, on windows at least, download http://cccp-project.net/, it's a good codec pack

PokeParadox posted on Feb 11 2007 at 04:43 AM said:
DemonStar... You actually liked Serial Experiments Lain...? I personally watched that and at the end of it thought "Give me back my life" lol
it makes you think, so it interested me, still need to rewatch it to tell what exactlly went on, but that should be fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
cowboy bebop (one of the best anime)
fullmetal alchemist (very cool story, desigh is cool too)
full metal panic (very fun)
berserk (bloody)
onegai teacher + twin (well....mizuho is KAWAIIIII)
noir (I really enjoy the story)
madlax (almost like noir...ie very good)
honey & clover (wonderful love story...well not really love but you should watch it)
rec (11 ep so fast to watch but still a good show)

I could go on and tell you everything I watched....as I almost watch a 26ep anime in 2days
As fo now Im watching Kyô kara maô, 78ep...I started it yesterday...I already saw 39 ep ;)

I dont know if I can post good website for anime here, so PM me if you are interested :)

see you :lol:

If you liked Air TV, I recommend the Air movie (more mature, not as confusing ending), and Kanon, by the same creator.

As for other anime.
If you have time on your hands, watch Monster. It's 74 episodes long, but an amazingly realistic thriller, a great plot, no filler episodes at all.

Bleach is great but be sure to ignore ep 63 - 109, that filler arc is just terrible.

I also recommend Beck, about a 15 year old boy that starts playing in a band, great and realistic teenage series. (without the retarded sweatdrop humor)
Wolf's Rain has a great atmosphere and is worth checking out too.
Elfen Lied. A lot of blood and gore and nudity, but the story's awesome.

I second Samurai Champloo, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Death Note. All great series, even though the latter one is still on going.

I've watched a lot more but I can't particulary recommend them. (like Chobits, didn't really like it)

The only anime I ever really liked would be Dragonball and Dragonball Z, not GT(like was mentioned earlier.)

I also enjoyed Digimon... :unsure:

I didn't want to what everyone said so sorry if its already been mentioned.
These are not in any order:

Dragon Ball

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Balll GT is ok after you watch all of Dragon Ball and DBZ... it is not as good as it's predecessors in my opinion but atleast it continues the (arguably) biggest anime series ever.

Full Metal Alchemist

Beet the Vandel Buster

Beet the Vandel Buster: Excellion

Hack Roots

Hack Sign

Hikaru no Go

Naruto (up until the fillers the show is good. Luckily the fillers ended last week and Naruto part 2 will begin tomorrow)

DNAngel (I have only watched the 1st episode but it has potential)

I have heard great things about Neon Genesis Evangelion. Tsubasa Chronicle sounds interesting but I have not watched it yet. And of course all of the Ghibli are great.

Great anime review site: http://www.theanimereview.com/

Great place: www.narutofan.com (it's not only about naruto, look around at their Plus membership)

Another good place: www.narutocentral.com (again not only about naruto, look at there Gold membership)

I've had relatively little exposure to anime.

The two series I've seen that I really liked were Slayers Next, which was really funny though confusing sometimes (I guess I need to watch the original series or something), and Cowboy Bebop (I saw the Cartoon Network TV Edit, did I miss anything cool? :ph34r: )

Ghost Hunt!
Last Exile!
Ghost In The Shell!

I really pissed myself off a couple of days ago whilst looking at a Death Note website. I read about 4 words which have given away a huge part of the plot in the future :( (Assuming they copy the manga all the way through)

Most titles were mentioned before ... additions:

- Bokusatsu Tenchi Dokoro-chan (just crazy)
- KIBA (very good shonen anime)
- Digi Charat [only the real ones + season specials] (classic)
- Ippatsu Kikimusume (hard to find ... very funny)
- FLCL (a must have)
- Elfen Lied (sort of bloody)
- Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai
- Argento Soma (like NGE ... and very good too)
- Midori no Hibi
- Azumanga Daioh (just great)
- Read or die (OVA)
- Puni Puni Poemi (sort of a Excel-Saga sequel)
- Haibane Renmei (no action ... but a great story)

there are many other great anime, but these (and some mentioned from other users) are the best out of my collection.

Back