Can a Pandora be fickle?

H

hakmanplayer

I have had my Pandora for a few days now. I waited over 2 years to get one. I am so happy with the build quality and design. I will call this unit the Rolls Royce of handheld gaming consoles.

But alas, this is not only a console but a full fledged PC that surpasses any netbook I ever owned!!! My unit is mint without any functional flaws thus far ; everything intact as intended by OP.

However with all it's unique looks,form and function [no i am not getting excited] she is a fickle lady indeed.

I know I have bit off more than I can chew as far as really getting the full usage/benefits of this machine, especially on a software level. I have never had to think so much to correctly use,download and execute various commands and functions on an objectively thinking piece of kit. However for me [as craigix said 'it's not for everyone'] I welcome this as a challenge ; an techo-intellectual pursuit that I feel I need.

I may never change the fickle lady but I will die trying. I am attached to her.

Thank you ED,CRAIGIX ,,, your intent on making a revolutionary, quality, antiestablishment machine really shows.

Thank you to all the forum members/staff for the enlightment this spoiled american needed :D

Thank you Jacquelyn for responding professionally and courteously to my occasional rant/rave emails!!

I will continue to use this forum no matter how stupid[but sincere] I may think my questions are :huh:

Kindest Regards,

Howie.

Last edited:
Nice post. :) And please, do continue to use the board, ask anything and learn lots.

I started in this scene knowing next to nothing about Linux. And I barely knew what source code was. Now I see a cool piece of software and think, I could have a shot at porting that. I've seen other people start from the same place, and go even further than I have - into writing and releasing their own code. All inspired by this little handheld, and the fantastic knowledge in the community that people are always eager to share.

She can indeed be fickle. As I blogged yesterday, things are getting slicker and more user friendly every week. But even for end users there will always be a bit of ROM fiddling, config editing, command line magic. They're the most satisfying bits of all.

I started in this scene knowing next to nothing about Linux. And I barely knew what source code was. Now I see a cool piece of software and think, I could have a shot at porting that. I've seen other people start from the same place, and go even further than I have - into writing and releasing their own code. All inspired by this little handheld, and the fantastic knowledge in the community that people are always eager to share.

You mean... You started like me :eek: :D !! THERE'S HOPE!

Gruso hath spoken, haha.

But welcome :)

I had a bit of a head start, with the GP2X getting me into Linux properly. The Pandora got me compiling code though. Indeed, there is hope for all. :D

(Quite appropriate, given the mythology.)

Nice post. :) And please, do continue to use the board, ask anything and learn lots.

She can indeed be fickle. As I blogged yesterday, things are getting slicker and more user friendly every week. But even for end users there will always be a bit of ROM fiddling, config editing, command line magic. They're the most satisfying bits of all.
Thank you Gruso. A true vote of confidence indeed. I see you on this forum often and you do it justice!!

There are times when I want to post but find I have difficulty trying to type what i need to communicate . Again, this is part of the process.

Back