Caanoo Thumbstick

chigimonky

Still Fresh
So Ive been having a problem with my Caanoos thumbstick. Ive had it for about 3 months and have used it a good amount but nothing crazy and lately when I press right on games it registers as down. When I got the Caanoo the thumbstick felt more firm and stiff but now when I press right it feels loose. I have to be careful to find the sweet spot thats right + up while playing platformer games that go from left to right or the character will just crouch.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone have any advice? I will give some caution about playing the caanoo upside down i.e. while laying down, dont do it! a while back I was playing like that and the joystick popped out of place and got stuck weird but I was able to move it around to get it back in place. I was thinking of opening up the unit to see if theres something I can fix so If you have opened yours please let me know as well!

So nobody has opened up their caanoo or had problems with the joystick?! Ha cmon

chigimonky said:
So nobody has opened up their caanoo or had problems with the joystick?! Ha cmon

mine is going ok, but I suspect it is not build to last forever and so have asked a few questions around some months ago.
One user pointed to available spare parts, some I would have to solder myself in case bad happens.

There is a tutorial available on opening the caanoo too.
Maybe dusting it out from the inside can help?

I heard on another used that got another joy on the same place as the caanoo one.

It dosen´t help much, but I don´t know what to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found somewhere in the internet, that caanoo stick users this component
http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/254SA104B50B/254SA104B50B-ND/1755924
so you can replace it with a new one.

-Smile- was the user who pointed this to me too, hope it helps you, chigimonky, in case it actually needs replacement.
Thanks again -Smile-

Thanks for the responses guys! Wow how did you find that component?! Youre sure thats what the Caanoo uses? Thats awesome, if this thumbstick gets any worse I'll definitely get one of these and prolly have to solder it on.

Code:
Also I can't seem to get the caanoo open. I took the screws out of the back but the outer case just won't open. I don't want to force it because I can tell the plastic is about to break. Is there any trick to it?

cmunoz said:

Also I can't seem to get the caanoo open. I took the screws out of the back but the outer case just won't open. I don't want to force it because I can tell the plastic is about to break. Is there any trick to it?

You don't have to be too cautious. The case is quite solid, but my advice is to start at the SD slot. It tends to snap in again, so it's not a bad idea to use something as a block (the backside of a knife's edge or something like that). If your finger nails aren't too short, they will help a lot, once you opened a little gap.

Hello again, I did succeed in opening the case and replacing the joystick, however once I turned it on, it continually scrolled downward as if the down button was being pressed. I removed the joystick and it still scrolls downward, even though there's no joystick attached. Any ideas?

Back