Caanoo / WIZ Caanoo Drum Machine

badmonkeyfinger

Still Fresh
So I had an idea of writing a program that would allow you to plug in a USB drum kit (like the kind you get with rockband games) into the caanoo and play drums. I have one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ION-Electronic-Drum-Learn-Software/dp/B000HWXGPW

Which work with standard gamepad drivers, like rockband drumsets do. Each pad is interpreted as an axis on a joystick and kick and hat pedals as a button.
So I started writing something in SDL, it works on PC but when I compiled to caanoo the drumset isnt recongised (the caanoo finds only one joypad, which is the builtin one). Since they work under standard HID drivers in linux and windows, I assumed they'd work on caanoo but I am missing something...

Any ideas?

You'll need to load the driver kernel module for the device. Is it a USB MIDI compatible device? Then you'll need the usb midi kernel module ..

Its not midi, its just a generic HID device. It works straight away with linux (on pc). How would I go about finding and setting up the kernel module? Do I have to modprobe it?
thanks

On linux, you can see some info about the usb devices connected by using
Code:
$ lsusb
For general info.
and
Code:
$ lsusb -t
For mor detailed info (including driver name).

Port 2: Dev 6, If 0, Class=HID, Driver=usbhid, 1.5M

Its using usbhid, I guess I have to figure that out for the caanoo, thanks! If anyone has any info so I dont have to reinvent the wheel that would be handy!

Back