Caanoo As Usb Sound Card

lnx64

I was wondering, because the Caanoo has a good DAC for sound, better than a lot of computers, is there an app that can be written, that turns it essentially into a USB sound card? The same USB cable for using it as a SD reader.. I was thinking it could be repurposed to be used as a USB sound card, like some Chinese mp3 players can do. (not cheap Chinese players, but actually good ones).

Interessting idea, not sure how deep you can get into the chip but I think the firmware is mostly open.

rohezal said:
Interessting idea, not sure how deep you can get into the chip but I think the firmware is mostly open.
Yea I would think it's possible.. Overide the Caanoo's disk mode USB mode, and allow it to act as a USB audio device (standard audio class), and just stream the audio in real time to the audio output. I would think it's fairly easy to do the streaming, but perhaps not so much on the USB part.

I'm no programmer for these handhelds though, my programming is 8086 and 68000 ASM, that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any programmers here interested in taking up this task? I'd really like to see this happen. The Caanoo has good sound quality compared to most laptops built in sound and this could be used quite well.

Back