Caanoo / WIZ Caanoo As A Pc Controller

Garrisonsdicks

Still Fresh
Hi everybody,
do anyone know a way to turn the Caanoo into a PC controller, just like "GPUSB Joy" for GP32 ?

I'd love to play FF6 on the Snes, but sound crashes when played on both Caanoo snes emulators.

Maybe a porting of GPUSB Joy ? But the code is far to complex for me...

Sorry, should have said "coding is too complex", forgive my english plz.
Didn't find the code, the creator's page is very old, and hasn't been updated since 2004.

But there must be a way do do it anyway, as they did with the GP32...

this is a great idea especially if it also included the g sensor and touchscreeen!

blues2 said:
this is a great idea especially if it also included the g sensor and touchscreeen!

Yeah, a good way to emulate NDS...
Or to play Wipeout with G-sensor...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gargar said:
blues2 said:

Yeah, a good way to emulate NDS...
Or to play Wipeout with G-sensor...

since you mentioned the nds then lets not forget about the microphone too!

Just need a way to build a gadget driver for Caanoo, and it should be quite feasible .. the only thing getting in the way of making this, really, is the lack of suitable sources for the Caanoo kernel and the environment needed to build the usb-gadget modules for the onboard kernel. I'm not current with the GPH releases - have they released the sources for their kernel?

i really like the idea of getting some HID driver on the wiz (don't have a caanoo), shouldn't be too hard if it's "just" some default driver to modify.

a similar idea was floating around in my mind some months ago - i wanted to use the wiz as a joypad for the Wii (e.g. for some virtual console games) but i didn't find any good resources how to start off, so i gave that up :(

torpor said:
Just need a way to build a gadget driver for Caanoo, and it should be quite feasible .. the only thing getting in the way of making this, really, is the lack of suitable sources for the Caanoo kernel and the environment needed to build the usb-gadget modules for the onboard kernel. I'm not current with the GPH releases - have they released the sources for their kernel?

I think so... Is that something like that?
best look at GamePark's site, or ask the GPUSB Joy guy (if he still exists somewhere on the internet...) how he proceeded for the GP32.
Too bad he didn't publish his code.

well i just took a look into the firmware sources, and there's no gadget hid driver included. the kernel version gph uses is way too old, the user mode hid gadget stuff is available from 2.6.35 and they still use 2.6.24. Someone could try to integrate them though, but i don't know if that is possible...

crow_riot said:
well i just took a look into the firmware sources, and there's no gadget hid driver included. the kernel version gph uses is way too old, the user mode hid gadget stuff is available from 2.6.35 and they still use 2.6.24. Someone could try to integrate them though, but i don't know if that is possible...

It's the 1.0.6 firmware version. I flashed my Caanoo up to 1.5.0, maybe this one has a hid gadget ? I didn't find the source however, but there's no reason they don't publish it.

Gargar said:
crow_riot said:

It's the 1.0.6 firmware version. I flashed my Caanoo up to 1.5.0, maybe this one has a hid gadget ? I didn't find the source however, but there's no reason they don't publish it.

i dont think they ever change the kernel version but primarily fix bugs in their drivers. i don't think that integrating the hid gadget would be quite difficult, but i'm in short of free time atm so i can't help much here.

There's something I use with my DS called DS2Key, and it supports using the touch screen and the extra guitar hero buttons. It's actually pretty cool and useful, and I'd like to see something like it on the Caanoo.

take a look at this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbw6S_3rkf4

looks very cool!

blues2 said:
take a look at this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbw6S_3rkf4

looks very cool!

just hoping for some news i would love a usb with a g sensor

hey if you guys are thinking about using it as a wii controller then why not look into making an app for making it 360 controller as well. i posted about this in the wishes section earlier but noone replyed :"( so i was readin this one then i saw you guys talking about making it into a usb controller. if you could make an app that simulates xbox360 controll responses, and integrate that with a radio frequency serial bus adapter, you could basicly turn your caanoo into a wireless 360 controller.

any news on having the caanoo as a controler inside a pc?
it sure would rock the applications not only games.

imagine sculptris going on with the touch pencil and joystick...

all the hopes!

Back