Caanoo Acting Strange

aholmes

Hi everyone

My caanoo has been acting very strange over the past six months. One night, after using the device I left my caanoo on the side of my bed when I've noticed that it kept turning itself on and off with the blue light coming on at the side for no reason at all. Eventually it drained the battery when I came to use it the next morning. Has anyone experienced this before. Also it will switch itself off at times when I'm playing a game and restarts itself up again. Very strange.

Any thoughts on this?

My firmware version is 1.5.0

My advice would be to reflash the firmware. If that doesn't fix the problem then it's most likely a hardware issue. Make sure the battery is seated properly and not moving around in the battery compartment, maybe try inserting some paper or cardboard to make sure it's a nice and tight fit.

Orion4874 said:
My advice would be to reflash the firmware. If that doesn't fix the problem then it's most likely a hardware issue. Make sure the battery is seated properly and not moving around in the battery compartment, maybe try inserting some paper or cardboard to make sure it's a nice and tight fit.

Caanoo has no battery compartment, It has to be opened up to reach it.
If you are going to reflash it, be aware that a turn off in the middle of the reflash could be critical.

I never saw or heard of such behaviour either.
Does it turn off while wall plugged? (usb)

if it dosen´t, you can reflash, otherwise you may have to check inside for bad contacts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back