C64

go here and browse the games (they are all rated by users) http://www.lemon64.com

i have loads of favourites. IK+, bubble bobble, bruce lee, turrican 1+2, great giana sisters, uridium, cybernoid, last ninja 1/2/3, bionic commando (uk version), ikari warriors (uk), retrograde, katakis etc etc.

The best C64 Games ever are (in no particular order) Dino Eggs, Mail Order Monsters, Jumpman, Jumpman Jr., Pool of Radiance, Hillsfar, The Last Ninja 1, 2, and 3, Impossible Mission, Summer Games, Ghosts n Goblins, Black Magic, Windwalker, Bounty Bob Strikes Back, Faerie Tale Adventure, Times of Lore, Sammy Lightfoot, Cybernoid, Giana Sisters, Phantom of the Asteroid, Exploding Fist, Fist 2, Fist 3, International Karate, Bruce Lee, Jaws, Lode Runner, and more when I remember them.

I agree with most of these, but JUMPMAN??? JUMPMAN??? It's rubbish! Has anyone got a version of Chuckie Egg to work on Frodo that can actually be played (it draws the level then crashes)?

Any Manfred Trenz shooter (Turrican series, Denaris (aka Katakis), Megablast).
Baddudes vs Dragoninja, Silkworm (Swiv was quite good too), Exile.
Quite a few of the old school arcade conversions are arcade perfect (or as close as until Mame arrives). Witness Gyruss, Shinobi and Rainbow Islands. Bubble Bobble isn't quite perfect, but you wouldn't know unless you're a hardcore BB player (I also think it's impossible to complete on C64 with one player due to Bubble resilience - NES is quite easy in contrast, but missing loads of features).
Thalamus games were good too - Que-Dex is an ideal couple-of-minutes game that's part twitch-game, part puzzler. Hawkeye, Armalyte, Delta, Hunter's Moon. (Was Retrograde a Thalamus game?)
Street Fighter 2, and Double Dragon suck naturally (due to lack of buttons).

Robocop 2 on cartridge was good, as was Shadow Of The Beast.

My personal favourites are:

Boulderdash
Uridium
Stunt Car Racer
Creatures
Time Machine
Dropzone
Spy Vs Spy 2
Pipemania
Treasure Island Dizzy
Paperboy

I could list loads more, but you can't go far wrong with those - they're all pretty much ones you can pick up and play easily to get you going...

®

anything from EPYX is awesome. enspecially Impossible Mission. but I cant leave out the summer games and winter games.

so many memories.....

Back