C-dogs Sdl

sardaukar

Still Fresh
Website
iruel.net
From the homepage :

Proper joystick support, proper mixing and music (using SDL mixer), Mac OS X XCode project and packages, Linux x86-64 binaries, and endian independence were added. General code cleanups and the usual bugfixes were made.

Heard that? MUSIC support! :D

PS - now for the port to follow suit..? :rolleyes:

I ported version 0.01 of C-Dogs SDL, so it's pretty out of date. The point of this topic was that there is no music in the current version and sardaukar was saying that you'd added the code to handle it so could I update the GP2X version.

I had changed the sound effects code to use SDL_mixer so I could control the volume (see this topic) but I didn't bother with the music because there are no music files included in C-Dogs SDL. The discussion was continued here. The issue is now finding suitable music that can be freely distributed.

I don't know if it's worth integrating the codebases, the changes are mainly GP2X specific e.g. all the buttons on the GP2X use SDL joystick buttons (even the joystick itself and volume control) and I've made it single player only (not enough keys). I don't know if you want the extra overhead of maintaining an extra, non-standard set up.

Edit: the other major change was changing the screen to 320x240

Last edited by a moderator:
Back