Bye

Yeah im going on holidays next week, traveling roung Ireland. Its going to be class, my sisters fit mate is coming too, and we have history so fingers crossed.

Marc: Do you go to Italy every year? Or 6 months? Because I remember another topic like this about you going to Italy.

finty101 posted on Jul 10 2004 at 08:47 AM said:
Marc: Do you go to Italy every year? Or 6 months? Because I remember another topic like this about you going to Italy.
Used to go once every 2 years, since I have relatives ther, but I lived in America, which is far away. Now I go atleast once a year.

BTW, I'm back :)

Last edited by a moderator:
rcx21000! Will you PLEASE finish up GPChess now that you're on vacation and with nothing to do? :D

the A.I. is actually pretty good right now, but some suggestions:

-stop the screen flickering
-allow cassoing
-right now, it is impossible to do a check-mate; the king can actually be taken by the enemy
-have different styles of opponents like "agressive" and "defensive".
-Level 5 doesn't seem to work...

OK, just some suggestions, don't take offense. :) I've always wanted to play Chess on my GP32, but I don't want to do it at 156Mhz on an SNES emulator, and the GBC version just looks a bit too ugly for me... your version looks very promising, however!

:eek:

I never knew that anyone actually liked chess games :blink:

I did start a new chess game for GP32 a few days ago (old code was so sloppy that I couldn't understand it anymore, and it had to many bugs anyways). But I don't know if I'll ever get it to a releasable state. And I won't attempt at coding a UI again, it will just be text based until someone wants to help me ;)

not to detract from Rcx's promising Chess game, but there is a great chess sim for the Atari ST.

I imagine it'll work great on Castaway.

Can't remember its name exactly. I think it was called "World Chess Champion" or maybe just "Chess Champion".

Back