Buttons

mattmagoo

OFFICIAL
Website
Visit site
Hey, I'm trying to locate a UKb based company that sell buttons, joysticks, microswitches, and possible i-pac boards

any help or reccomendations would I will be eternally thankful for

Try

Maplin
RS Components
Farnell (minimum order £20)

They should have most if not all of what you need.
RS have a variety of joysticks (probably farnell too, but I've never looked), and they all sell various switches, microswitches, etc

[EDIT] They may not be exactly what you are looking for, depends on if you want the things to look like arcade bits "out of the box", so to speak. If so you may be better just buying a few old joysticks off ebay and taking them apart ;)

Ultimarc.com sells the ipac boards. I don't know if they are UK based, but I did check and they have Euro prices for UK orders. I happen to have a couple of IPac boards. They're good. I would reccomend that you go ps2 rather than USB, as I found USB tends to have some latency problems, but that's just me.

ultimarc is what i'm going for at them moment

There prices are:
2 Joysticks @ £10 each = £20
15 Buttons @ £1.20 each = £18
I-PAC2 = £24.40
Deliver = £6

Total £68.40

tis a hell of a lot, but it comes with all the microswitches so I should be OK

I might end up going for 4 buttons per player, but 6 gives it more versatility

Fegus: On the IPAC does the joytick count as 4 buttons (Up, Down, Left, Right) or 8 (if its set o 8 directional)

thanx for ure help

When I was thinking of making a MAME cabinet, I was going to just buy an arcade style controller for some console like Dreamcast or Playstation, then buy one of those things that lets you plug DC/PS controllers into PCs, and viola! Bloody cheap arcade controls :D. Have to spray paint them, though.

well, as far as i am aware using I-Pacs and real arcade controls is te best wya to recreatethe arcade feel (console controllers are nothing like the real thin) and its not too hard to do

it also means u can have as many or as few buttons as u like

Fergus (again): are coin systems easy to implement on I-Pac (eg. u put in a coin, whic actiavtes a microswitch, which is hooked up to the board on a certain key, which would be set-up to be CREDIT)

HAHAHAHA

Virtua%20striker%20part.jpg

the guy at the arcade is giving me a barebones version of this ^^^^^^^

shame i am strugling to find a way to get it home

mattmagoo posted on Jul 2 2004 at 06:56 PM said:
HAHAHAHA

Virtua%20striker%20part.jpg

the guy at the arcade is giving me a barebones version of this ^^^^^^^

shame i am strugling to find a way to get it home
hire a van :) and get some people to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah we all know you have a drivers licene(That doesnt even resemble the real spelling).

If not hire a donkey, and trade it for a van, that be some smart thinkin.

I have a learners liscense, and since u have to be driving for 3 years to hire a van, that wint work

looks like a cars goon cut it

Im picking up 2moro so I wil see if it fits then

Back