Büchse Community Blog

zLouD

Hey guys,

I want you to tell about Büchse.

It's a review and tutorial (and other topics) community Blog.

I have setup a basic system of WordPress with a translation plugin , so it's available for german and english (or other languages if needed) community.

Currently I'm looking for interested people who want to write a review of a pandora game / application or create a tutorial about something pandora related.

A post about something different is also welcome but will be in "misc" category for now until there is more of that topic.

I'd like to get feedback on this and if you are interested please let me know here or via PM.

Here is the URL: http://buechse.openpandora.de/buchse

Greetings ^_^

--

Tutorials

--

Pandora overclock to over 800MHz

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Büchse, welcome. :)

Nice looking blog. What is the overall feel you're going for? By that I mean "lighthearted", "professional", "casual", etc. Just wondering because the random kitten thing, while cute, seemed out of place. lol

I'd like to make it "professional" but not too "serious". It should be fun to be part of that.

@kittens

What would you prefer? Dogs? :p

I friend suggested me to add some kittens :) (It's also only on mainpage resp. in sidebar; post/pages don't have a sidebar by layout.)

I think i will write a tutorial for jumanji browser which i ported for the pandora with hope that more people will join and write an article.

In future i want to add review links on repo, so you can have a link from a PND page to its review on büchse. Just the same thing for tutorials.

One thing to say for tutorials, tutorials shouldn't be just as same as "readme instructions", I'd rather like to see a detailed tutorial with screenshots etc.

In the end it's from the community for the community, so I'd like to have quality article :)

p.s.

I hope for more feedback and interested people here :)

Sounds like it's very similar to the Inside the Box zine TBH

I friend suggested me to add some kittens :) (It's also only on mainpage resp. in sidebar; post/pages don't have a sidebar by layout.)
How about random Pandora photos? :p

Tutorial sounds great.

also, isn't pandorapress somewhat the same? (it's offline for me weeks now, no idea whats wrong,though)

How about random Pandora photos? :p

Tutorial sounds great.
Well, I'd need a source for that. Is there already something like that?

I get the kitten pics via a PHP proxy from randomkittengenerator, for random pandora pics I'd need a source. It's possible, just give me something i can show ;)

also, isn't pandorapress somewhat the same? (it's offline for me weeks now, no idea whats wrong,though)
Well, no. pandorapress is about news IIRC. büchse won't do news (since there is pandorapress), all i have planned are reviews and tutorials. I'm not interested in doing "yet another pandora news site".

There is also a "misc" category, which will hold other topics until there are more of these. I can imagine that in future there could be also a "tips and trick" category for games.

Afaik you are a game developer, so if you are interested in writing a tutorial for developers there is already a category. Even if it's only about a little hack to get something to work on pandora, I'm sure it will help other developers.

My aim is to give easy access to that information for the whole community, I'm also not interested in a split of community so I'd liek to integrate it into the platforms we already have (like repo.openpandora.org)

Well apart from the server problems, Gruso and I are talking about the future of PP - there should be an update "soon".

Sorry, I didn't know it was a script you grabbed elsewhere. If they have one that can pull from other sources, like Flickr or Picasa, perhaps you can get permission to run pics from OP or users?

Sorry, I didn't know it was a script you grabbed elsewhere. If they have one that can pull from other sources, like Flickr or Picasa, perhaps you can get permission to run pics from OP or users?

I wrote the PHP proxy to get the kittens shown on the blog. I can show other pics if i have a source, maybe you could help and check for some good sources so i don't have to do all on my own :)

I think i will write a tutorial for jumanji browser which i ported for the pandora with hope that more people will join and write an article.

OOh OOh any plans to update/fix remaining issues in jumanji? my browser of choice!

I wrote the PHP proxy to get the kittens shown on the blog. I can show other pics if i have a source, maybe you could help and check for some good sources so i don't have to do all on my own :)
Ah cool, didn't know that's what you meant about the source. Thought you were talking about code. :p

You could try checking out the Pandora photos here and here. You'd probably have to get permission to link to those, though. Other than those, maybe you can have people contribute photos of their own.

Update

------

First tutorial by Infinity (Pandora User)

Pandora overclock to over 800MHz

The english version is auto-translated by Google Translate + some manual changes;

You can still contact me if you want to write a review / tutorial for pandora :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back