Broken left trigger :(

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi all :)

My left trigger appears to be dead :(

@EvilDragon: how hard is it to replace this part ? If that's really easy, I'll order the replacement parts ASAP from your shop. If that's a little more complicated, I'd rather send my Pandora for repair...

Cheers, Magic Sam

Did you drop it? Does it still click normally? Apparently it's quite easy to bend the switch in on the Pandora, or to lift it off of the board with an impact (though that should be fixed on the Pyra fwiw). To fix that it's a relatively simple matter of taking the bottom off the unit and resoldering or bending the part back into shape.

But if it's still clicking but not responding then either the switch itself has failed, or some trace has (assuming it's not software).

Yep, shut the system down, remove the battery then remove the screws and take the bottom off, then see what needs doing. Take a picture if it's not obvious to you.

Or send it to ED, it's up to you.

My R Switch did this, fell off the bracket completely.. Try resoldering it and applying some hot glue to secure it even further!

-1 for the hot glue... I dropped mine again... re-bending the metal and re-soldering for the uh 4th time would be hard with hotglue applied. Also: be careful with adding LOTS of solder. Mine clicks now but it seems it clicks both L1 and L2 at the same time, and that does not get recognized as a clean L1 click... need to remove, clean, and re-apply solder...

L2 on a pandora? I don't think mine has one of those.

And I guess the hotglue helps support the solder joints, so it's less likely to come off the board after an impact, but you still might need to bend the supporting metal back in place.

Hi all,

Looks like the trigger issue was only a transient one :)

Everything is working fine again !

Cheers, Magic Sam

Back