broken GP

antext

Still Fresh
I killed my rom last week doing a flash . i need someone that has maybe broken their GP like the screen or somethin like that. i would like to buy the broken unit off of anyone that has one. cause i need a rom. If you have a broken GP or know where to get a rom pleaz post a relpy or email me at antext@hotmail.com i have tons of stuff for my GP but it is all worthless without a workin GP :p

Hmmm.. I had no problems flashing mine. Some people seem to, some people don't.

Maybe you can help out others who are thinking about doing it by elaborating on what happened?

(Sorry, I don't have broken gp32 for you though :()

I'd like to know how it happened too, so that I can avoid it.

Btw, all GP32's come with a year warranty, so you might still be able to get it fixed - though it will entail shipping it back to Korea...

Flashing the bios is practicly tampering with the hardware so I doubt it would still be covered by the warrenty =/

I've always thought - its never worth the consequence flashing the bios? - what extra functionality does it really give you - boot up in wind ups(8-secs quicker wait??!?) I found GPFM file manager to be a lot more useful.

Good luck in finding a bios!! - try contacting gamepark for one maybe??

sorry i didnt post more info about flashing the bios. i did all the sfuff people told me to do. i got a bios dumper to make a backup copy of my original bios then i DL'ed the new bios and put it in the root Dir of the GP32. it started to flash and said that it had completed. when i restarted it all it showed was a blank screen. if i let it sit on the blank screen for long, horizontal stripes show up on the screen. i dont think that flashing is a good idea. it is not worth loosing a perfectly normal Gamepark. it doesnt really help anything yet, just makes it easier to use. maybe later when the bios has become really advanced it will be worth it. DONT FLASH YOUR BIOS. dont fix anything that isnt broken :p

I know that now

Back