Bor...idea

kulak4

Still Fresh
Hi.
Does anybody know, if there will be mods for this game in the near future? Is somebody working on it? I tried to do a D&D mod based on arcade game, but it is so hard...I don't even know from where I can take player models etc. Unfortunately, from rom I can take nothing. Just think, if somebody will do a conversion programmed especially for gp32 games like D&D, Vendetta, AVP, Punisher and the rest famous arcade titles, he can sell it "unofficial" on, for example eBay in sets(beat'em up set, shooter set...). I know, that not everybody wants to work only for famous, and this idea isn't so dumb, as it looks, am I right?
Bye.

No, I saw it a long time ago, from there I have AVP mod and the others...
I talked about talented programmists, who want to make some money, beacuse they don't want to create things to gp32 only for themselves and for famous. I talked about this, that MAME can't emulate cps1 and 2(yet!). But this games can be programmed for gp32, because creating bor mods has some limitations. Many people will probably pay money to play D&D, AVP and the others, which will be a perfect conversions from arcade... Simple?

I don`t think anyone is going to pay money for some BOR mods... this is a homebrew console! We don`t pay for emulators, games, etc. (donating is another thing)...

I just saw a site that is selling CDs with MAME roms on them. Maybe the same potential customers would pay $$ for BOR mods too :lol:

quiest, what kulak4 wants is people to program the games he mentions from scratch for the gp32 ...

however, i think kulak4 is wrong: there is no comercial market in gp32 (how many people have a gba compared to a gp32? which would you make a game for ... if you wanted to make $$$?) :ph34r:

the programs that exist for the system are labors of love! that's why the gp32 scene is so cool. :D

i think engines are great for gp32. it's an enthusiast system, people who geek out hard enough on games to want a handheld for homebrew and emulation are definitly the sort to do mods :) too bad the rpg engines kind of fell off the earth. :unsure:

so, big ups to BOR, great engine ... and ups 2 hooka as well, because who knows what OpenBOR could become! i'd much rather see coders dump hours into an already-rad engine that everyone can mess with, than a few one-off arcade conversions B)

Okay, I think I maybe got it now... (why am I so confused today? :huh:)

My answer would still be the same.

If somebody does something for the love of it, it doesn't mean he needs no money. If people have bought Dungeon & Guarder for cash, they will probably be able to purchase D&D, Vendetta, Hook etc. programmed especially for gp32(not BOR mods) for money. A lot of people grew up on these games, they may want to refresh their memories now...

kulak4 posted on Jul 14 2005 at 02:52 PM said:
If somebody does something for the love of it, it doesn't mean he needs no money. If people have bought Dungeon & Guarder for cash, they will probably be able to purchase D&D, Vendetta, Hook etc. programmed especially for gp32(not BOR mods) for money. A lot of people grew up on these games, they may want to refresh their memories now...

Whether it`s a good idea or not, You still need someone to take time to design and program them, which i`m sure is a pretty big task, To say the least.

Considering the GP32 is around 4 years old now, And open source. We haven`t seen anything like that yet, And are very unlikely to see anything like this in the forseeable future, Maybe in it`s prime, But not now.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, those games are copyright to their specific original publishing and producing companies and second even if you talked to them about it there is little chance they'd let you do a legal remake or port for money because the market isn't large enough to make a good profit and second the gp32's protection scheme has been hacked and is easily worked around (if your smart... and don't ask me cause I won't tell you even if I do know)

First of all, the companies have got more important problems(creating games on next gen systems-Xbox 360, PS3...)than a person who coverts their games from about 10 years ago without their permission. Secondly, I said, that the programmists can sell it unofficial on eBay. I don't think that CAPCOM would sue an individual who broke the law and made a few bucks(pounds).

Back