Board pages not fitting to Pandora's screen anymore?

cube48

Website
www.48.cz
Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere but I didn't find anything on this topic using the search feature.

It seems that forum is going under continuous updates recently (new structure, like buttons etc.) and I'm encountering for some days already that forum pages are not fitting anymore into 800px width of Pandora's screen. My browser of choice is FF17 from the repo and I'm almost sure that in the past I was able to view the thread lists and posts in threads nicely fitting without the need of horizontal scrolling. I can't see anymore post author and his complete post unless I scroll. Is it just me?

Tried to work this around with User Styles Manager add-on for FF but no success with overriding min-width:960px; to 800px in my local style sheet.

Is anybody else experiencing the width problem? Any hints on hacks or workarounds? (i.e. some hidden feature of FF to re-flow pages to available viewport width?)

Thanks in advance.

Confirmed its happening on my pandora too,  and I know it used to fit.  (with the possible exception of the top level page with its panel on the right)  I'm also using Firefox 17.0.1

- Neelix

Are you sure it's a Pandora/FireFox problem and not the forum software? i ask because I have just gone to GP32X and seen this thread - http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/62190-caanoo-thumbstick/#entry968430

The text is outside of the box and off the screen (requires scrolling) even on a pc.

untitled.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually if I had to guess, I'd say the menu bar is the culprit.  ED's been adding items to it,  and I think that has pushed its minimum width beyond 800 pixels.

- Neelix

If you inspect the forum CSS you'll find a few elements with min-width:960px; property.

Code:
/* LAYOUT */
#content, .main_width {
margin: 0 auto;
/* Uncomment for fixed */
/*width: 980px;*/
/* Fluid */
width: 87% !important;
min-width: 960px;
}

#branding, #header_bar, #primary_nav {
min-width: 980px;
}[/CODE]

These are for sure the culprits. I just tried to find some quicker solution then asking ED for updating CSS to flexible width on board side although it would be imo better solution.

I also have something to say about the menu bar (... Emulation, Comunity, Development ...), it is not so useful how it work right now if you surf with the stylus, cause you are not able to open the menu... it should be better if the menu is opened by a click (like the Profile menu) instead of opening it when the cursor is over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Click instead of mouse-over is better even for nubs, I've found my self quite often clicking on menu subitems while trying to click the breadcrumb navigation but moving the cursor little higher than needed. Thanks ED!

Brilliant! No horizontal scrolling needed. Thanks a lot!

I just hope you didn't stay awake that long only for this, ED.

Would be good if the german forum.gp2x.de is also fitted to the pandora screen. ;) But it's not so important.

Found another problem, the size of the "Code" window is bigger than the screen (vertically) and you can't see the "OK/Cancel" buttons, even when in fullscreen, so the only way to confirm is to use TAB and pressing Enter hoping that the right button is selected...

Back