Bluetooth & Microphone

Wolfsclaw

can't be longer than 2 months right?
Website
Visit site
I've been wondering how properly the Bluetooth & the Microphone have been tested - haven't heard anything about that at all from MWeston or ED, have we?

Are the drivers working yet? How good is the Mic, in comparison to say, the DS? How's the bluetooth distance? etc. etc.

I'm doubting more then basic testing has been done on the MIC, the lack of news on the bluetooth has had me worried though. But then again, from the sound of things on these boards at one point, bluetooth likely won't be quite up to what it is on other devices for some time.

I thought this thread was going to be about the pandora as a hands free device for cell phones. If it does have quality mic then that would be a great use of the pandora for those of us (Gruso) that plan on making a car docking station.

Sorry for the off-topic, as far as the functionality of BT and mic, I'm pretty sure they are good to go. No news is good news in that department.

This thread talked about BT range. MWeston's site says its a class 2 chip so it has a 10 meter range. I can't find anything on the quality of the mic but I seem to remember someone talking about it being a good quality one.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone makes a Pandora game that requires me to blow on my Pandora I will come to your house and fill it with bees.

VRAndy said:
If anyone makes a Pandora game that requires me to blow on my Pandora I will come to your house and fill it with bees.
/me adds "blowing into the microphone game" to the list of things he'll do just because he wants to see the outcome.
:)

VRAndy said:

ROFL, Makes wish I knew how to code, I too am curious how this would play out. Seems there just might be enough passion there to see him do it!

I can see it now. Someone designs some epic game where it's so compelling you can't put it down. The final Boss battle requires you to "blow" the Boss down after an attack.

VRAndy ends up in the news for murdering a software designer by massive bee attack. Officers report suspect was apprehended on the victims lawn blowing at his house while screaming "you like that now, don't you B****!!!!"

:p

WizardStan said:
VRAndy said:
/me adds "blowing into the microphone game" to the list of things he'll do just because he wants to see the outcome.
"Blow to fill WizardStan's house with bees."
Why isn't this in Pandora Panic yet? :p

borgqueenx said:
keaft said:
anything is better than that ds mic....
you can blow in it with zelda games to trigger an action, you gotta admit thats awesome. -_-

It surely is. I for one would be very well pleased to see a microphone-blowing feature included in some homebrew games, i.e. Pandora Panic. It's big fun in games like Zelda or Wario Ware on the DS, IMO.

I just hope someone in the know could shed some (a lot of) light on my original questions.

Multiplex said:
WizardStan said:
VRAndy said:
"Blow to fill WizardStan's house with bees."
Why isn't this in Pandora Panic yet? :p

Wow. That would actually be really funny. PUT IT IN!

Prometheus said:
I'm not sure that's a good idea. :p

(Note for the humour-impaired: Yes. It is a very old video clip.)
try voice control on your iphone with your native launguage set, then try to play a english-named song. have fun. the iphone decides what song you are gonna hear and it doesnt come close to what you said :)

Heh, I don't know anybody who owns an iPhone, so I'm afraid I can't try that - I didn't even know it had that feature. :lol:

borgqueenx said:
Prometheus said:

try voice control on your iphone with your native launguage set, then try to play a english-named song. have fun. the iphone decides what song you are gonna hear and it doesnt come close to what you said :)

I'm English, so I doubt I would have this problem. <.<

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
borgqueenx said:
Prometheus said:

-God Ginrai
Then download a french or dutch named song. If we speak the name desame as in english or close to iT, it will play. I like the group nightwish, but if i say: speel nummers van nightwish(play songs from nightwish) it plays songs from who ever. Once it played marco borsato. And i dont hear nightwish in that name) but if i say: speel nummers van nichtwisj(dutch-spoken) it will play fine.

borgqueenx said:
God Ginrai said:
borgqueenx said:
Prometheus said:

-God Ginrai
Then download a french or dutch named song. If we speak the name desame as in english or close to iT, it will play. I like the group nightwish, but if i say: speel nummers van nightwish(play songs from nightwish) it plays songs from who ever. Once it played marco borsato. And i dont hear nightwish in that name) but if i say: speel nummers van nichtwisj(dutch-spoken) it will play fine.
Wie zijn Nachtwisj. Ik heb gehordt dem niet. (from my own brain so may not scan).

may88 said:
borgqueenx said:
God Ginrai said:
borgqueenx said:
Prometheus said:

-God Ginrai
Wie zijn Nachtwisj. Ik heb gehordt dem niet. (from my own brain so may not scan).
nachtwisj=nightwish, but spoken like its a dutch word.
The iphone only understands the launguage you set it to. So when i have set launguage to dutch, it will need to hear everything dutch.

borgqueenx said:
The iphone only understands the launguage you set it to. So when i have set launguage to dutch, it will need to hear everything dutch.
So... basically you have to be really naive about pronunciations? Like you didn't know there were countries outside your own?

That's hilarious, even if it does make sense.

Back