Release BlockOut II

mcobit

Advanced Member
Thanks to lunixbochs LibGL, here is Blockout 2:

blockout2.png

BlockOut® II is a free adaptation of the original BlockOut® DOS game edited by California Dreams in 1989. BlockOut® II has the same features than the original game with few graphic improvements. The game has been designed to reproduce the original game kinematics as accurately as possible. The score calculation is also nearly similar to the original.

Rotation: A,Y,B

Fast down: X

Move: D-Pad

Get it from here:

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=blockout2

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!  Almost perfect.  It just locked up on me though on level 2.  Its still running in X I can hit pandora button to get menu up but blockout still running but won't close or respond.

Edit:  Also, config changes don't save.  Tried changing from nostalgic to arcade and it reverted back to nostalgic when I exited and went back in.  Doesn't really matter I guess for CC users since the textures seem to slow game too much on CC's.  Can fps be turned off?

I'll have a look at those issus.

Did you write the setup after changing options?

Edit: if it locks up and the desktop is flickering through, you can open anotherbterminal and kill it with "killall -9 blockout".

I will change the default config in the pnd later, but for now, you should set the Fullscreen option to true in the graphics and soundsettings, this should take care of the crashing. Also press write setup in the main menu if you changed options. Only then they will be saved.

Still need to look at the code to deactivate fps display.

Thanks For the info, sorry I missed the the 'write setup option'.  Will try further today and let you know,.

Uploaded a fixed version.

Changes in build 2:

- Always start in fullscreen mode to avoid crashing with framebuffersetting

- Disabled display of fps

I set dop to space again.

As for the keys:

The program is only able to map normal characters. No special keys like the actionbuttons etc.

I can hardcode them though. So if anyone has a good idea for a keylayout, let me know.

You could use this config for now:

U I O rotations clockwise

J K L rotations counterclockwise

Space: drop.

Back