Best Xvid Encoder For Gp2x

I used this real obscure converter, Super© .. it worked like a charm on an MPEG I got from the Internet Archive ... "Things to Come" ... great movie, great conversion, easy-to-use program :)

southpaw posted on Dec 9 2005 at 12:23 AM said:
PocketDivxEncoder

PocketDivxEncoder just uses mencoder for backend, so if you're not afraid of a little command-line work, you're better off just using mencoder straight away. Imho, PocketDivx's interface sucks testes.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh nice... pockeddivxencoder just took my 640*480 xvid file, resized it to 320*240 and now it's only 75mb instead of 190mb. So far it looks nice as well... now I just need an SD to test it :(

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 8 2005 at 11:27 PM said:
PocketDivxEncoder

but i wanted xvid :p

Does DivX work correctly? Thought only XviD works ok at the moment...

Well, I believe the DivX is okay atm, and Xvid acts strangely. (low-rate seems okay, too)

OK, I was going to post my own thread, but I might as well hijack this one, since it's related to my question...

Does anyone know if there's a program out there that lets you encode an XviD or DivX movie directly off of a DVD? Do any of the programs mentioned above let you do that? Thanks...

Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 9 2005 at 12:27 AM said:
PocketDivxEncoder

but i wanted xvid :p

Does DivX work correctly? Thought only XviD works ok at the moment...

PDE.jpg

Trooper

i've tried Pocketdivxencoder but either theres a bug or i'm doing something wrong because when i playback the encoded file it plays back at a slightly slower rate so the sound sounds well ....kinda slow.
Anyone else experience this?

TyBO! posted on Dec 9 2005 at 01:32 AM said:
OK, I was going to post my own thread, but I might as well hijack this one, since it's related to my question...

Does anyone know if there's a program out there that lets you encode an XviD or DivX movie directly off of a DVD? Do any of the programs mentioned above let you do that? Thanks...
I use DVD Shrink to rip the movie, then AutoGK to encode it.
I find that, on a small television, native 320*240 actually looks fine (if I sit back a bit).
I can compress a 30min prog to 100mb with very few visible artifacts, unscaled (on the GP2X) 50mb looks fine.
It takes quite a while (1min:1min) to compress with AutoGK and DVD Shrink, I don't know if other programs are faster.

EDIT: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ Processor

I've had no problems with Xvid.
AutoGK is a frontend for VirtualDubMod (and others), maybe it's the default settings that make it work on the GP2X?
The only times my movie player has crashed have been when I took out the headphones while it was playing (I don't know why it does this)

I use Mencoder för encoding. (Mplayers encoder) together with the KDE GUI "Konverter". For Linux users I can recommend that.

I use VirtualDub (not VdubMOD) to do the Doom movie for my 2X. I must have chosen the incorrect audio settings because the sound was out of sync for the entire movie.

Does anyone know if Varial Bitrate is a no-no (thats what I chose for audio)?

Back