Best PCSX Images to Use ?

Cas

What is the best type of image to run in PSCX bin cue or iso ?

Last edited by a moderator:

thatgui

Advanced Member
What is the best type of image to run in PSCX bin cue or iso ?
I believe that the PSX fans here recommend bin/cue. I have buzzwords like "copy protection" and "extra tracks" in my head, but - unfortunatly - can't remember anything related correctly

gunrock

Very Active Member
I'm a bin/cue guy. I have some Eboots (.PBP) I generated for my PSP and some don't run as well. But if the game has red book audio protection, you need bin/cue.

Cas

I'm a bin/cue guy. I have some Eboots (.PBP) I generated for my PSP and some don't run as well. But if the game has red book audio protection, you need bin/cue.

OK, so bin cue is the way to go for everything ?

When I put the games onto my memory card do I copy both the the bin and the cue over ?

thatgui

Advanced Member
OK, so bin cue is the way to go for everything ?
Why not (other than you already made some images in another format)?

When I put the games onto my memory card do I copy both the the bin and the cue over ?
yes both, the cue file contains information about the bin files "geometry"

mamemaniac

.CBN (compressed BIN) files are also a good choice although EBOOT are definitely the way to go.

TrashyMG

Sarcasm Dispenser
Staff member
I only chose to burn my PS1 CDs as bin / cue because the command line tools to generate them are readily available with every Linux distribution.. I honestly don't know much about eboot method.. it must be the new hip thing to do.

Loonie

The .EBOOT system has been producing good results for me. As stated, it keeps everything in one compressed file. Only games I've had trouble with have been the Bust-a-Groove games, where the music doesn't sync with the game well (not good for a game that needs actions done to the music). I'm not sure if this is because of the emulator or the .EBOOT format. Perhaps I should try a BIN file and see if it still does it.

Apart from those, everything seems to work great.

Cas

So reading into the above regarding EBOOTS, BIN/CUE is still the more reliable stable way ?

I have no idea how to make these EBOOTS but would like to try just becuase.

Jumpman

Advanced Member
So reading into the above regarding EBOOTS, BIN/CUE is still the more reliable stable way ?

I have no idea how to make these EBOOTS but would like to try just becuase.
Just do a google search for iso to eboots and you should find a good converter. They are very easy to use.

I personally use eboots, as they save a HUGE amount of space, but they can have issues that the full iso's don't.

Chris

Kumaki

I don't have the .cue files in my list anywhere, I just used the .bin files and was fine. Probably because everything I like is seriously old-school stuff.

As an aside...does anyone know a way you can use .ecm files? Would you need to convert them somehow and CAN you? Because I seriously want the Namco Museum stuff to work, but the files are .ecm...no good on PSXreARMed.

mamemaniac

I don't have the .cue files in my list anywhere, I just used the .bin files and was fine. Probably because everything I like is seriously old-school stuff.

As an aside...does anyone know a way you can use .ecm files? Would you need to convert them somehow and CAN you? Because I seriously want the Namco Museum stuff to work, but the files are .ecm...no good on PSXreARMed.

For the .ecm files you can use a common UnECM tool.

Klumpen

Run away! Run away!
Hello, i only found iso2eboot converters that run on a psp.

Does anybody of you know a proper Win(or Linux)-Version?