1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Battery Not Charging

Discussion in 'Support Area' started by second exodous, Apr 10, 2016.

1. second exodous

second exodous Well-Known Member

I just upgraded my Pandora last night, used it a little with 1.53 firmware and it seemed to charge fine, but when I upgraded to 1.74 it doesn't seem to charge. It charges while the screen is on and then it seems to quit after that. I have two of them so I was going to try to use the others battery but I can't find it. I haven't had them on for 3 years, do I need a new battery?

Tags:
  2. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Try shutting down the unit (take it off the charger, then use the start menu to shut down), then removing the battery for a good few minutes (not sure how long is strictly necessary for the battery controller chip to power down and reset). It may be that that chip thinks the battery is fully charged already, and won't recharge it any further.

3. second exodous

second exodous Well-Known Member

I swear I responded to this but I guess I never did. Anyway, over a year ago I tried that but it would get to 98% and then stop charging and then just drain from there, even if the power was plugged in. The only way to get it to 100% is have the wifi on while it is charging and THEN put it to sleep or turn it off or whatever. I think this might be a hardware problem for me since no one else seems to have this problem.

Anyway, I found this trick out because I was downloading something on my Pandora while leaving it plugged in.

4. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Hmm, check 'dmesg' after it's stopped charging, and see if there are any temperature warnings in there. Downloading things on wifi might help because it'll slow charging by drawing power at the same time I guess.