Battery Life / Charging

edb

Still Fresh
Ok so playing with the new Caanoo now for about 2 days one thing I've noticed is that the battery life isnt as good as I expected. Just wondering what the specs called for as far as battery life is concerned. I really havent measured the life of it but if I would take a guess I'm thinking its 2.5 - hours before I get the low bat warning.

Can the USB port on the unit be used for charging?

2.5 hours? It should be more like 5. You may have a problem with your battery, unless you're doing some very heavy stuff (video playing and playing PSX or something). You charge the unit using the (proprietary, to computer) USB port - if it turns orange, the unit is charging... Using the other USB port (the one that you would use for a USB thumbdrive), I don't think so, but I've never tried.

5 Hours? I will have to keep an eye on that. Rights now its fully charged and I will try to keep track of how long its on for.

I mainly play my Caanoo on my breaks at work (15-30 minutes at a time usually) and I often forget that it even needs charged. I went two weeks without charging it recently. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a low battery warning on it actually.

I generally just play homebrew games or Genesis games with Picodrive. I sometimes listen to music, but the audio output leaves a lot to be desired, so I try to just stick to gaming.

So it turns out that I didnt charge it fully, I didnt wait for the red charge light to go off, I was looking at the bat level indicator. After I let it sit for a full charge its about 5 hours.

Back