Battery Help

MaxSteiner

I was just wondering if anyone could provide me with the benefit of their experiance with regards to batteries in the F100.
Got one secound hand of Ebay, which for some reason came with Duracel batteries. Predictably I get around 30 mins max before they die.
When I try rechargable's (Uniross 2600 mah) it wont even boot up!
The only thing which does work for me are Energiser Lithiums which provide a goood 3 hours use before the machine deems them flat. Now this would be fine but they are very expensive!

I've done a fair bit of searching, and Im just at a loss as to how to run the f-ing thing, from what I can tell everyone else is getting about 3 hours out of rechargables...

I know the device is optimised for 3.7 v, so I'm hoping that a 3 AA battery pack (like you get in remote control cars) filled with rechargeables, and attached through the mains socket should at least allow it to boot, and give me a usable play time.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Many thanks!

p.s Sorry to have to post a lame request like this!

How old are those Uniross rechargeables you tried? Buy some new ones, it'll make a world of difference.

I'll give that a go I suppose, even if they don't work, you can never have too many rechargables :D

They aren't really all that old at all, but I suppose primarily using them to power a mouse could have affected the charge they hold.

/thanks for the quick reply!

I hope you can find some batteries that will give you a decent time of use. But from the sounds of it, it could well be possible that the previous user blew something by using an AC adapter at the wrong voltage or polarity. If this is the case, then your only hope might be a 3xAA pack or a repair.

Ok, never notticed before, but the mains adapter supplied with my GP2X is set at 4V... so it could well be some fault developed under the original user.
Tried playing it set to 3V at work, and had quite alot of crashes, screen fades and stuff like that (although it could be to do with hiding a console under a tll every couple of minuites....)
Either way I suppose modding might be the way forwards, I have a spare mains lead from a broken adapter, so Im hoping the battery pack might work.... although now Im thinking, why limit myself to AA? Maybe I could find a nice fat Lithium rechargeable pack, and make myself a GameGear style 'portable' battery pack :D!

The F200 can have 3.7-4.0V on its input. I modded my F200 for a NDS Lite Li-Ion battery, which is 3.7V. The F200 can handle reversed polarity for a short time too (at least mine can).

But the F100 is using a different voltage converter (which is more sensitive to abuse) inside and it could be possible that it is partially fried by the 4V of the adapter. The fact that it is behaving badly on batteries or 3V also points in that direction.

Squirrel61 said:
The F200 can have 3.7-4.0V on its input. I modded my F200 for a NDS Lite Li-Ion battery, which is 3.7V. The F200 can handle reversed polarity for a short time too (at least mine can).

But the F100 is using a different voltage converter (which is more sensitive to abuse) inside and it could be possible that it is partially fried by the 4V of the adapter. The fact that it is behaving badly on batteries or 3V also points in that direction.

Yeah definatly a bit of an ass, since, as a portable console in its current state the things near useless :(
Still it runs alright off the mains when sitting in the cradle, and adding another battery is a pretty easy mod, just gonna need a little more work to be useful.

I didn't realise till after I bought it, but he descirbed it as 'sold as seen' on the ebay listings....
definatly a bit miffed, but I'll get there eventually (maybe one of those silly thunder power packs would work?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Um...... I'm really confused now, put some ancient Energiser 600 Mah batteries in, which up until now I've just dismissed as being too crap to bother with and the freaking thing just started up no problem!
So I'm even more confused than I was :D

Back