Batteries...

Loccy

Still Fresh
Subject line and description says it all. I can pick up 2300MAH batteries at local Dixons and Currys, but 2600 means I have to go mail order and I can't be naffed with that.

After seeing my GP2X eat two brand new Duracells in, cumulatively, about 90 minutes, clearly I've got to get some rechargables!

Shikaku posted on Oct 26 2006 at 07:30 AM said:
there are 2650 mAh in retail stores by duracell... buy that and a charger
Yeah, I've got these and swear by them. I did my BIOS upgrade to 2.10 with a set of these babies, no sweat.

Last edited by a moderator:
subcon959 posted on Oct 25 2006 at 10:57 PM said:
Can't be naffed with it? Mail order is easier than getting off yer arse and going out.

Not when I've got a Comet, Currys, Dixons and PC World literally on my way home from work.

PC World do a Uniross 1 hour charger/2500mAh set so I'll probably settle for that.

Anything 2500mAh and above will give you great results :)

- Alex

High mAh isnt always good, i've got 2800 mAh ones and they don't even last 90 minutes.

PoisonedV posted on Oct 26 2006 at 08:49 AM said:
Why are they fake?

3 things to look out for (and what I noticed):

1. Look for an official looking store. Amazon and Ebay are usually out of the question for buying things like these.

2. Look for an established brand (Sanyo, Powerex/Maha, Energizer, Duracell, etc.). This looks like some cheap chinese ripoff brand.

3. Price. There are too good to be true deals, high quality NIHM batteries should be over $10 for 4.

http://thomas-distributing.com has a lot of good batteries and chargers..

I second Sanyo as a great brand for rechargeables!

- Alex

Edit: dude did you not read anything here? Alkalines last half an hour.

Shikaku posted on Oct 26 2006 at 02:53 PM said:
3 things to look out for (and what I noticed):

1. Look for an official looking store. Amazon and Ebay are usually out of the question for buying things like these.

2. Look for an established brand (Sanyo, Powerex/Maha, Energizer, Duracell, etc.). This looks like some cheap chinese ripoff brand.

3. Price. There are too good to be true deals, high quality NIHM batteries should be over $10 for 4.

http://thomas-distributing.com has a lot of good batteries and chargers..
I bought a pack of four no-name 2500/2600 (can't remember which) batteries for £4 and they are really what they claim to be. They work just as well as the expensive branded ones. So I disagree with at least the second two of your statements - (can't comment on the first, I've never bought batteries from either of those places).

Back