Barnsley Badger (Commodore64)

Looks really good, shame they don't offer a c64 rom for download after purchase.
Sorry, perhaps I should have made it clear - they do... You get a D64, TAP and the PRG files when you buy the disk version (and maybe the tape version, I'm not sure, I didn't ask that), so you have plenty of launch options.

Interestingly, you can't boot the D64 on Canseco's version of VICE, but you can on Pickle's (Is was Pickle who released the first one, right? I forget)

Last edited:
Interestingly, you can't boot the D64 on Canseco's version of VICE, but you can on Pickle's (Is was Pickle who released the first one, right? I forget)

Could you or anyone else try with latest version i did upload today?

I changed default config and i forgot to change drive 8 to 1541II, by default it's 1581...

I will fix that on next release.

About the game, it's on my future shopping list. Take my money!!, ;)

You've uploaded a new VICE? I'll update and try it

Edit: Updated VICE, and switched drive to 1541-II. It loads, but it's a lot slower to load than Pickle's VICE. Also, I've just noticed the palette is different in your build (but that's not really an issue).

Last edited:
It's slower maybe because True Drive Emulation is enabled, but i usually use JiffyDOS and 1581, except when loading tapes.

I didn't changed the palette, but the Color controls defaults. CRT filter consumes too much even on 1GHZ models, and i needed to find something similar after disabling it.

If anyone has a better default config, is more than welcome, ;)

Back