Backlit Keyboard?

Mistabeen

Still Fresh
Website
openhandhelds.com
I'm just wondering since I haven't found this in the FAQ on the wiki.
The pandora has the circle lights around the analog sticks, but will it also have a backlit keyboard? This would come in very handy in darker situations.
In case it does, can it be switched on and off? And Can you switch of those rings around the analog sticks?

As I understand it the rings around the analogs are just the reflection off the screen and I haven't read anywhere that the keyboard will be backlit.

the pandora unfortunately does not have circle lights around the analog sticks. If you saw that in a video, that's the reflection off of the screen. and a backlit keyboard would just suck. battery, that is.

Edit: damn you DC you beat me to it.

auwch, to bad those are reflections, I hope those can be covered up some way or don't make it to the final build, those would be quite annoying :p

and that's the beauty of being able to toggle them on or off magicman, if you don't like the backlight you can just turn them off. Turning them on would be great for when you are in dark areas.

There's no backlight. Screen reflection on the keys will have to do.

Also, the final nubs will be different.

The analog pads on the beta units had a shiny metal base. The reflection off of this base is what you saw in the video. Since those analog pads are no longer available (another topic of much debate), you will not have to worry about it with the retail units.

This thread turns into a discussion of keypad backlighting and the difficulty thereof. I suggest you give it a read.

Last edited by a moderator:
usbfanblue_1.jpg

Get one!
Problem solved! and as an added bonus you keep your phalanges dry during heated gaming sessions.

mindlord said:
Problem solved! and as an added bonus you keep your phalanges dry during heated gaming sessions.
It's important to keep your phalanges dry.

I do believe, though, that there are solder pads on the Pandora (just like with L2/R2) for the user to install such a backlight.

I have a backlit keyboard for my computer...
And even in the dark I can type, only with the light of the screen. It'll be the same for the Pandora.

Azure said:
I do believe, though, that there are solder pads on the Pandora (just like with L2/R2) for the user to install such a backlight.
What make you say this? Has there been a comment or are they visible on any pics?

Out of interest, does anyone know the diameter/size of those nice big solder pads?

Back