Back to normal!

Should be around 24 boards, 8 prototype-preorders... well, and the rest for devs, not sure yet whom though.
Some Lehrstuhl fuer techn. Informatik, maybe? (What's that in English? University Department of technical informatics?) Could give the students some interesting tasks around it.

I am wondering where we would have been, if ed didn't travel to greek to speed things up, one year ago.

It's also time to arrange the mass production... order all needed parts (for cooling, packaging, etc.)

But yep, it looks we're done now. Finally!

Yes, for me this is realy good news. The problem has to be exactly located now. Then the pcb has to be reworked and new pcbs have to be produced and tested. If everything goes well, this will only take 6 month. With series production we can have a pyra in only 1 year from now.
...If you really think it's going to take them that long, you're crazy, sir.

Once they have it narrowed down for sure, about all that'd be left is seeing how they'd fix it, and if it really does require a new board (i.e; can't be solved with capacitors or whatnot), to try to get any money back from printing the old boards.

One year ago. I have to admit, i was wrong!

Last edited:
I must admit I'm a little confused on what the hold up is in moving to the new case company. I thought that was meant to happen ages ago. I'm totally surprised it hasn't happened already some time ago as planned.

The reason for the move was because FormAction were slow at doing things supposedly. So why on earth are we waiting on them to do things still before moving to the new company. Is the new case company not able to make the changes to the molds which ED is waiting for Formaction to do?

I must admit I'm a little confused on what the hold up is in moving to the new case company. I thought that was meant to happen ages ago. I'm totally surprised it hasn't happened already some time ago as planned.

The reason for the move was because FormAction were slow at doing things supposedly. So why on earth are we waiting on them to do things still before moving to the new company. Is the new case company not able to make the changes to the molds which ED is waiting for Formaction to do?
Per contract FormAction gets to produce the first 500 cases. And I guess ED wants those to be usable.

The original contract includes that they will produce and design the molds only if at least 500 sets will be produced (which will be the 500 transparent ones).

If we don't do that, they could blame us for breaching the contract and either charge more money OR (even worse) keep hold of the molds until that one production run happened.

Legally, they probably wouldn't get very far (with the delays they had), but a lawsuit could take ages (and hold up the molds even longer) and I'm not in the mood to sue them.

They are keen to fix the shoulder buttons first (they're too proud to admit defeat here I guess), so I
let them do it... if it works fine, then no more fix is needed and we can start to produce and if it doesn't, then we'll finally tweak them at the new company.

Pretty awkward situation, but a slow production is still better than a year-long lawsuit...

I've arrived at Fakuma exhibition now and will meet the CEO of the new company in a few minutes to check on modern plastic materials.

I really hope that Form Action can finish the case this year! The constant case delays are really annoying. As I understood the necessary fix is actually a small one

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

The original contract includes that they will produce and design the molds only if at least 500 sets will be produced (which will be the 500 transparent ones).

If we don't do that, they could blame us for breaching the contract and either charge more money OR (even worse) keep hold of the molds until that one production run happened.

Legally, they probably wouldn't get very far (with the delays they had), but a lawsuit could take ages (and hold up the molds even longer) and I'm not in the mood to sue them.

They are keen to fix the shoulder buttons first (they're too proud to admit defeat here I guess), so I
let them do it... if it works fine, then no more fix is needed and we can start to produce and if it doesn't, then we'll finally tweak them at the new company.

Pretty awkward situation, but a slow production is still better than a year-long lawsuit...

I've arrived at Fakuma exhibition now and will meet the CEO of the new company in a few minutes to check on modern plastic materials.

Would I be assuming correctly that you got a discount on the molds on the basis that they produce the 500 cases?

Back