Is there a thread about this yet? Can't find one :(

mmexport1595677157874.jpg

mmexport1595681692561.jpg

417c6e7914b78be9.jpg

IMG-20200725-203510.jpg

mmexport1595681346664.jpg

mmexport1595679978908.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.. it's got more juice than my main desktop...

To be honest, for me the only serious choice would be the WIN MAX.
The eGPU is what makes it stand apart.
Using a handheld is always a compromise. But with the eGPU I can use it for older games and emulations on the go and for high end gaming at home.
That gives the device so much more value for me.
I want things I can upgrade and use for more than 2 years.
(What makes me not get a GPD WIN is that I don't trust their battery and fear the WIN MAX will die after 2 years because of some bad manufacturing...I)

This thing is super weird.

Windows isn't very touch or control friendly in the OS. I guess they chose it for game compatibility but it seems odd to not have a keyboard.

Will be there a CTRL+ALT+DEL button ?

In Bethesda games it will be REQUIRED

This thing is super weird.

Windows isn't very touch or control friendly in the OS. I guess they chose it for game compatibility but it seems odd to not have a keyboard.
Agreed, you can have an on-screen keyboard but it's not really practical to use. And even if it's just for gaming, many games still require some keyboard input from time to time (like naming your character/save file). It'd be a quite disappointing to be locked on the first screen of your game because you need to input some text and can't.

Yes i understand that. Windows is not really built for use without a keyboard or mouse.
It's got a usb port...
But depending what you want, all they need to do is automatically boot into Steam Big Picture, or some other joystick controllable launcher and you're off.

Think of it like the OGA or even a raspberry pi booting into EmulationStation, but underneath is a usable Linux box

I can't keep up with all these chinese Handhelds anymore, to much, to fast...but still nice to discover. xD
I mean, how fast they can go through all stages, from idea, design, prototype and finaly mass production. Must be Cheaters!

I'm impressed by the quality of these 3D printed cases, they don't use FDMs it seems. I would like to have an 3D printer that can make that quality...for a affordable FDM price of course. ;)

Back