Awesome Idea For A Fighting Game...

___

Advanced Member
Imagine the following fighting game: Chuck Norris versus Darth Vader! Or maybe B.A. Baracus versus Chuck Norris. The possibilities are endless and awesome. That would probably be the best fighting game ever made if chuck norris was a playable character. I bet he would buy a gp2x to play it for himself!
Just a weird idea I had some days ago. Playing movie character like Mr.T, chuck norris, jackie chan and burce lee beating the crap out of baddies like darth vader or similar. Oh, and MacGyver could be implemented, too. Maybe with special weapon attacks, like the chewing gum + rubber band combo makes him throw selfmade dynamite... whatever... lol

EDIT: CHARLES BRONSON!!! gosh, I wish I was a skilled programmer with a shitload of time on my hands... if I just weren't that lazy.

lol, that would be sweet.

But it would be kinda hard to create all those diffrent types of charcters and make the graphics look good together

But that would be awesome, Chuck Norris would whoop everybodies ass

VGballer posted on Jul 10 2006 at 02:48 AM said:
But it would be kinda hard to create all those diffrent types of charcters and make the graphics look good together

Well, if you got someone from the Pixeljoint site to help you out, I'm sure you'd have a winner on your hands purely on the basis of the graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, port open mugen to the GP2x?
But Michael Jackson would kick the hell out of Chuck Norris ;)

Great idea! How about using openBOR?

I have been playing that over the weekend and it is great fun. You can create your own mods for it so you wont need to re-invent the wheel. I'm not really sure where to start and I am not an artist either. I guess video capture might work.

:lol:

xnopasaranx posted on Jul 9 2006 at 07:55 PM said:
gosh, I wish I was a skilled programmer with a shitload of time on my hands...
...and a shitload of MONEY to pay the huge licensing fees to all the huge stars you just mentioned, heh.

gamefan999 posted on Jul 10 2006 at 04:58 PM said:
...and a shitload of MONEY to pay the huge licensing fees to all the huge stars you just mentioned, heh.

Mr. T, Chuck Norris, Michael Jackson, Richard Dean Anderson. Oh yeah. HUGE! *chuckles*

Magnulus posted on Jul 10 2006 at 01:30 PM said:
gamefan999 posted on Jul 10 2006 at 04:58 PM said:

Mr. T, Chuck Norris, Michael Jackson, Richard Dean Anderson. Oh yeah. HUGE! *chuckles*
...Michel Jackson, author of the number-one pop album of all time, owner of the entire Beatles catalogue, worldwide pop star, household word - *not* huge.... speechless.

Jackie Chan? Never heard of him. Darth Vader? Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense, who made that crap up, haha. Bruce Lee? "|0053r!!!"

Would you call him a world wide popstar CURRENTLY?!
Mr.T and Chuck Norris were big in their day too, you know.
Don't get me wrong here, I was a huge Michael Jackson fan for years and years. I still listen to Thriller quite a bit. But with.. what was it? Blood on the Dancefloor? No, the one after that. Invincible. Zero personality in his music. Up until that point, he'd at least stayed true to his own style even though he constantly evolved as a musician. He always stayed true to Michael Jackson. With Invincible, that fourteen-minute video was a nice nod back to the days of Thriller, but the MUSIC in it was indistinguishable from any other pop R&B group.

He's not a huge star. He's a huge, ghostly clown.

What does "current" have to do with "huge star"? You must be an adolescent to measure noteriety with simultanaity.

Would you call Axl Rose a huge star? I wouldn't. Macauley Culkin? Nuh-uh.
In my definition of the term "star", who's a star and who's not is very very based on their current standings. Bela Lugosi WAS a star in his Dracula days, but in his Ed Wood days, he was a washed-up morphine addict. He had been a star and then declined from that. I'd still call Frank Sinatra a star, because he never stopped being one while he was alive.

I have fond memories of the Star Michael Jackson, but that Michael Jackson doesn't exist anymore. Maybe some time after he's died, he might be remembered as something other than the shadow of a star that once was. I'm sorry if my opinion of both that and the use of the word "star" differs from yours.

Thanks for calling me a little kid and the attempt to dazzle me with your big words, I appreciate it.
It's spelled simultaneity, by the way.

Opinions don't define words and ideas, facts do. If you need to be told that, then you do demonstrate the logic of a child.

Your "opinion" of what constitutes a star is simply incorrect. That is because, recent activity doesn't qualify the status of fame. If that were the case, any famous person who was dead would cease to be famous. Thomas Edison hasn't invented anything recently, but I'm sure that fact doesn't detract from his place in history.

Michael Jackson has earned his place in fame from decades of popularity and noteriety. Just because *you* personally have stopped admiring him, does not in any way detract from his accomplishments or celebrity (or his ability to seek a fee for the use of his likeness, which was my point). Michael Jordan hasn't accomplished anything of note lately, but you can bet he still charges big bucks to use his name or image.

You also fail to address someone like Jackie Chan, who is still "famous" by your own definition, or Bruce Lee, who is famous by anyone's definition! I'm sure Mr. T and Axel Rose have sufficient lawyers and accountants in their service to ensure that they get paid whenever their names get used in a commercial context.

The reason I called you an adolescent was, children, having very little history of their own, and so very little sense of anybody else's history, tend to define things by their immediacy and relevance to themselves alone. You clearly demonstrate that type of thinking.

Thanks for the spellcheck, btw. I'll send you a check for $.05, my rate for secretarial work of that order.

I have to agree with gamefan here. And of course Axel Rose is still a star. So, Freddy Mercury is dead, he isn't a star anymore? What about the Rolling Stones, they're from the 60's. Not stars either? xP

Jackson's reputation is a bit downgraded lately, but he's still a worldwide known star.

And yeah, Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan are self explaining, they will always be remembered, even if you've never seen any of their movies.

Okay, maybe my personal definition of "star" is faulty.
I've always thought that being famous (or infamous) didn't necessarily mean being a star.
I guess a star was a person who would instantly attract attention on the street when outside (regardless of their body odour or clothing), and by that definition, I guess you can say that all of these people are stars.

I'm sorry if the tone of my previous post was a bit snarky, but I don't appreciate being "spoken" to in that manner. I find it degrading and insulting, and if you feel you have reason to humilate me, I'd be more than happy to continue this discussion in private. I'm perfectly able to make an arse of myself in public on my own, and I don't need someone like you pushing it because you don't agree with me. (talking to Gamefan here, not you, Draken.)

PS: If I go by the logic of my previous post, then yes, Bruce Lee is still a star. Gene Kelly is a star. The Rolling Stones are still stars. They are completely different from for example Michael Jackson in their public standing the recent years. I wasn't going by just my own opinions of Jackson here, either, I was going by how it seems the public reacts to him. But this is irrelevant by now.

A little bit of respect for MJ please, without him the music world woulnt be the same today.

Yeah yeah. I get the point. I obviously treaded on some toes by saying he was no longer a superstar, and I apologise.

Someone hit this thread with the back-on-topic-mallet.

gamefan999 posted on Jul 10 2006 at 10:58 AM said:
Actually, iirc as long as there is a disclaimer on the game startup that "any actual names or likenesses are used in a fictitious and parodic manner", you should be fine under fair use.

Magnulus posted on Jul 10 2006 at 02:04 AM said:
VGballer posted on Jul 10 2006 at 02:48 AM said:

Well, if you got someone from the Pixeljoint site to help you out, I'm sure you'd have a winner on your hands purely on the basis of the graphics.

AWESOME! I was looking for some inspiration and tutorials to help me get better with the pixel art.. soon the ametuer part in my sig will disappear and all that will be left is awesome looking sprites and tiles..

Back