GP32 Attack Wave Maker ?!

bfg

Still Fresh
Do you remember Shoot'em up construction Kit on C64,ST or Amiga ?! There was a tool in it to define attack wave for a space ship for example.

Is there a tool on PC to define a PATH for a sprite with the mouse for example, and who generate a C structure to reuse in a program ?! I've searched a long time on the net, and found nothing ...

Any idea ? (Or shall i develop it ?!).

can't say i know of any im afraid, the mouse cursor probably wouldn't be ideal anyway unless you smoothed it out.

im not sure what the standard method is but i tend to create an array with cords and a timeline, and then just calculate where it should be at any one point based on the cords. its a pretty effective method and to create a simple pattern only requires a few points.

i take it your talking about the enemy ship movement patterns?

I have/had the problem. there is already a solution for that BulletML, all you need is an XML parser. There are also ways to use geneticaly enhanced patterns:

ABA Games

BulletML

BulletsMorph

In my shootergame for the GBAX2004 is just use a sinus and cosinus pattern (LUTs) for some more facy enemy waves

synkro posted on Apr 29 2004 at 11:41 AM said:
I have/had the problem. there is already a solution for that BulletML, all you need is an XML parser. There are also ways to use geneticaly enhanced patterns:

ABA Games

BulletML

BulletsMorph

In my shootergame for the GBAX2004 is just use a sinus and cosinus pattern (LUTs) for some more facy enemy waves
XML Parser ... Ouch ! :) :)

I'll read your link after my job, it's seems interesting ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Pirotic posted on Apr 29 2004 at 10:33 AM said:
can't say i know of any im afraid, the mouse cursor probably wouldn't be ideal anyway unless you smoothed it out.

im not sure what the standard method is but i tend to create an array with cords and a timeline, and then just calculate where it should be at any one point based on the cords. its a pretty effective method and to create a simple pattern only requires a few points.

i take it your talking about the enemy ship movement patterns?
Yes i 'm talink about ennemy ship movement pattern ...

My idea was to draw a "line" with the mouse like in deluxe paint, and it record the movement for every pixel draw ... But if there's a tool who already do that, that should be cool .. :D

aaah Aba Games...
I'd really like too see Kenta Cho porting his shmups over to the GP32 :)
(After all he's already been coding for the Palm)

I'd kill to play rRootage or Noiz2sa on my beloved GP ;)

I've been working on porting Noiz2sa, since that isn't OpenGL-based, simply pure SDL... but parts of bulletml parser aren't compiling correctly under VC6, and some modifications are needed to the code before I can start (or see if it's possible) the port.

Takashi posted on Apr 29 2004 at 02:34 PM said:
I've been working on porting Noiz2sa, since that isn't OpenGL-based, simply pure SDL... but parts of bulletml parser aren't compiling correctly under VC6, and some modifications are needed to the code before I can start (or see if it's possible) the port.
nice to hear! bulletML on the GP32 would be great!

rRootage is the best! I love that one...

Wheee! Just what I wanted for my GP32.. a nice shoot'em'up! Frantic stuff? Million sprites on the screen?

:)

manu_pkp posted on Apr 30 2004 at 09:01 PM said:
Wheee! Just what I wanted for my GP32.. a nice shoot'em'up! Frantic stuff? Million sprites on the screen?

:)
well, wait and see... but I had trouble beating my own levels :)

Back