Attachments still don't work in the bug tracker although reported 1 year ago

Well, if someone can submit a patch for flyspray to make it work, I'm happy to implement it.

Setting up a bug tracker, which itself has critical bugs of very basic features, which are not cared for a year…

…that's a parody not even Monthy Python could come up with!

My open source ideology bubble bursted, at latest now.

Now I see the limitations of FLOSS very clearly.

And again: I think that it is not a bug of flyspray but rather an incomplete/invalid installation (files not accessible or missing).

I do not have access to the web server on which this bugtracker runs. The one, who has, should fix it! It's his/her responsibility.

And if s/he cannot deal with it, s/he should share responsibilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
@sebt3 concerning your "Fix it or be silent" attitude:

I cannot fix it as I don't have web server access.

Besides that, a FLOSS community does not only consist from coders.

Everyone participates with his/her certain abilities.

Mine is testing/reporting & interaction design.

So don't get angry on me.

I never went angry for things not being done, as in a FLOSS environment, this cannot be expected.

The exception was the bug of the bugtracker itself, preventing us from using it properly.

It's like if a crutch itself is broken — You already have difficulties walking anyway, now even your auxiliary device left you down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone willing to take care about the issue and try to improve the bugtracker: Please contact me for server access details.

I found a note in the flyspray flyspray about attachments only working if the attachments folder has both write and execute permissions set.  That's the first thing I'd be checking.

- Neelix

Back