Ashens Reviews the Dingoo A320

The Dingoo was good for $85. Liked it better than GP2X F200. TV out included & worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
All in all Dingoo was a complete utter piece of crap...imo of course.
Eh, I don't know if I would go that far, but I do agree.

The D-Pad was pretty bad, and the action buttons were tiny. Even if it had emulated SNES it wouldn't have been much fun because of the action buttons. It was fun for Doom, Quake, NES, GB, GBA, and Genesis though.

The D-Pad was pretty bad, and the action buttons were tiny. Even if it had emulated SNES it wouldn't have been much fun because of the action buttons. It was fun for Doom, Quake, NES, GB, GBA, and Genesis though.
You can use the d-pad and buttons from a DS (besides the shoulder buttons, me thinks). If you're between getting a flashcard and also wanting a smaller handheld that has fm radio and can play psx without sound, it's not such a bad deal. Plus, you can attach a sweater button (!) to the dingoo's d-pad and you can have the diagonals.

Just my 2cents.

You can use the d-pad and buttons from a DS (besides the shoulder buttons, me thinks). If you're between getting a flashcard and also wanting a smaller handheld that has fm radio and can play psx without sound, it's not such a bad deal. Plus, you can attach a sweater button (!) to the dingoo's d-pad and you can have the diagonals.

Just my 2cents.

But it would be almost the exact same D-pad, I don't see how that will help.. The button trick might help, haven't tried it. However, it doesn't sound like a very elegant solution. I haven't touched my dingoo in months.

It can't play PS with no sound... It really can't. It runs, but it's not playable. Could maybe tolerate a jRPG on it, but nothing with any action.

It doesn 't even play all SNES games at playable speeds. MMX lags in Octo's level. Starfox, forget it. Street Fighter 2 lags a tad, but is playable.

It can't play PS with no sound... It really can't. It runs, but it's not playable. Could maybe tolerate a jRPG on it, but nothing with any action.
It doesn 't even play all SNES games at playable speeds. MMX lags in Octo's level. Starfox, forget it. Street Fighter 2 lags a tad, but is playable.
It wasn't made for playing PSX in the first place, so it's just a bonus. Plus, the Dingux SNES emu is far more playable (from what I've read, don't own one)

It wasn't made for playing PSX in the first place, so it's just a bonus. Plus, the Dingux SNES emu is far more playable (from what I've read, don't own one)
That's the emu I was talking about. At first it was far more playabe, but they've since upgraded the default firmware fixing the B Y bug and the default SNES emu and SNES9x run about the same.

And you are saying that playing PS(PSX was something completely different, we are simply talking about the PS, wiki PSX if you don't believe me) is a bonus, but as I've already stated it really can't. No bonus.

Back