Arx - End of Sun

So if ptitSeb's Doom 3 port will work on the Pyra, this could very well too? That's amazing! Not for me, but for everyone who actually enjoys RPG's, but whatever. I'm still excited and hope that by their approach to design this game in a single studio and then releasing the source codes when it's done they didn't run into the typical problems of open-source games (like contributors that don't get the design, want to make their first design experience and just deliver shoddy work and so on).

Please report on the quality of the game once you've played it, @elwing !

sure, it won't be before some hours, and I probably will only just try it unfortunately... time is scarce, but I loved Arx-Fatalis, I have great hope in that fan prequel

Ok i hadn't lots of time to play. I killed a rat, picked the whole tavern money without anyone caring. I failed to equip anything. I explored a bit the outpost. So far, it's great to be back there, and it looks great, but this seems really beta like, i suspect there's way to equip yourself so that part is my fault, but on the other hand, eating for free and picking all gold i chance upon without angrying anyone seems wrong... I'll try more when I'll find the time...

Arx Fatalis is an awesome game, I have greatly enjoyed and finished it.
Looking forward to the final release of this sequel on Linux, thanks for the hint, I will monitor it.

Last edited:
Loading times are very long thanks to the engine I guess. To make things worse you're being sent back an forth too much at the very start - quite annoying. Dialogue texts lack a few words and the odd punctuation.
Guards' idle sounds are too frequent, repetitive and sound quite dull.
Killed the goblins in the tavern, just to be asked to "teach them a lesson" by the barmaid right after the fact.
The character is ravenous. Can't go for a even just a few minutes without starting to lose health because of hunger.
You have to loot everything around you and sell it in order to afford the repair of one weapon. I recommend going for the sword, so you'll have some money left for buying a magic ring.
Equip a weapon from the inventory: hit "i", click weapon, click "use".

At the moment I'd rather go back and play the original.

I'll try the beta more, but at the moment I fear it's how kuru says... regarding weapon, I was trying to equip a pickaxe, but I think you can't equip this... my fault.
That seems a rather good base and it bring good memories but it will need serious update to be good I think, I'll try it longer this evening.

Back