Artcade book

Fzero

Advanced Member
I'm getting this lovely looking coffee table piece

http://kck.st/1eCsrgq

Question is, which Marquee canvas should I get eh, loving that Moon Patrol one, but picking just one to have will be a long decision maker...

Awesome book, i would have a tough time deciding if i were in your shoes with things like this i think its best to go with your gut instinct otherwise you'd be trying to decide forever, Moon Patrol ones DOES really kick ass - if it were my choice i'd probably go with Battlezone, Gravitar or Asteroids DeLuxe. Moon Patrol is a very good choice though!

I know, it's been on my mind on and off most this afternoon :)

It's got to be one of the following:

strider.png

Though the blond Strider doesn't work for me, I owned the Jap import of this on Megadrive and that was the character far as I'm concerned.

forgottn.png

Just a classic! Plus great typography

moon-patrol%20(williams)%20marquee-2.jpg

As you said, a great art piece, popping with colour.

ghoulsu.png

Another obvious choice

But then...

shdancer.png

And what about...

nemesis.png

And...

Pac_Land.jpg

Such great things, I want them all.

It could get addictive

Last edited by a moderator:
Backed.. what a fantastic project! & a refreshingly heartfelt/unpretentious presentation, I'm betting the finished article looks absolutely glorious.

I wonder how he is handling copyright on the artwork.

Speaking as someone who just got an email from Taito's Licensing managers for using there Space Invaders artwork on my mini arcades - They requested I purchase a license to use the artwork.   I wonder if he has gotten the required licenses?

Edit: I notice he said he wrote to them and either got no reply or permission.  Find that hard to believe he got a free pass from Taito - unless he's excluding them

Backed it anyway though - went for the 10 Pound digital copy.

shh, don't let the hear until he's printed and posted them out :)

Hopefully that is sorted. Would be lame if something like that stopped this happening

Ooooh shit, damn damn damn.. damn you!

On the one hand.. _so awesome_; and the $65ukp one with the framed marquee... thats too hot.

On the other.. I'm feeling the wallet pinch lately, and I have about 30 marquees stashed around, and a few arcade machines. So I'm sort of covered. I definately need to take inventory of my marquees, and check condition.. maybe hang up a few in my office; thats a way cool idea.

So hard to pass that KS up ... *pain*

jeff

Oh, If I take the KS on, I'd probably go for Joust framed.

Now with free t shirt!

[for the £40 backers, the lesser backers can up their pledge to get one though]

52e108939a19e84abd59abc1eec3b2f4_large.png

And now for the QUIZ TIME! :)

Name those marquees!

A - Altered Beast

R - Bubble Bobble

T - Space Invaders

C - 

A - Gauntlet 

D - Outrun

E - Moon Patrol

Not sure of that 'C' one...

Can't help think would've been a nice touch to have each letter a marquee of game that starts with that letter... still very nice and will wear it often

Anyone else back this book. Must admit I'm getting pretty frustrated seeing since I backed the digital copy .

I've backed a lot of KS projects. And while most of them usually deliver lately, what you say sounds more like Craig's management style.

The update says, that despite giving a large deposit to the printer some months ago, he has still yet to get the books from them which he was expecting months ago.  They are not picking up his calls, returning his phone/email messages. Not accepting his (sign for) letters). Also, supposedly he has had someone go around to the printers and they now have a different company name on the door.

The thing is, he can provide the digital copy, as he could for months now, to those that backed the digital copy only. Instead he is holding giving us digital backers the digital copies, His reason is he wants to send them when the real copies are also sent to the print backers - which could be many months further. - It makes no sense.   I pressed him on this and he now came up with a different excuse, saying the digital copy is created by the book printer and thus why we need to wait for it.  This unfortunately is complete horse shit. The files are created by the book designer who he has hired and should be available at moments request.  When I said that to him , he retericked on for a bit then went on to say it was the designer that will create the file.  I then asked what format the digital copy will come in, and he didn't know - it's a choice out of 7 options apparently which he doesn't remember?. . It just sounds fishy as all heck. I have not lost faith in the guy, but the shine is certainly wearing, particularly since some of the comments seem to be not quite truths which is reminding me of the ICP2 KS.

Maybe he should have checked the reputation of the printing company before paying them in advance using other people's money.

I take time to find the best company, even when buying such lowly things as a hoola hoop, skipping rope, or vacuum cleaner with my own money.

Yeah the last update was not the greatest, I hope the printing issue gets sorted and progress continues as originally planed.

Really looking forward to having this book for a little eye candy scanning

Starting to get very concerned about this project now.  He was supposed to talk to the printer and come to a resolution weeks ago and promised to let us know back then what happened. That time came and went with no update or comment what so ever, despite people repeatedly asking.  Plus his response to not sending out the digital copy was a major red flag.

I don't follow the KS page and check comments there, but that doesn't sound too good then. I hope this is going ok and he's just really busy on it and that's why lack of update just yet... Though if that was the case, you'd expect you'd just log in quick to drop a comment to that effect, just to keep your customers happy and informed.

I really want this book, please don't go the way of the iCP2

Back