Are There Any Pandora's Left For Sale?

Arianon

Still Fresh
Hello! I read about Pandora a year or two ago and thought the idea of a community designed console sounded great, and finding out that it is now in production is great as well! Only trick now is finding one for purchase, I checked the three stores listed under the about pandora page on the main website. Does anyone know a place where there are any for sale still?

Arianon

Your best bet would be to send an enquiry to openpandorasales@gmail.com - this is the e-mail address linked to Craig's shop (which is GBAX.com). Bear in mind that it may take a while to get a response, though, as they're apparently swamped with e-mails right now.

I hope this helps you out. Also, welcome aboard. :)

Prometheus:

Thanks for the response! I sent an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com and to gp2xorders@gmail.com. Hopefully I'll get lucky and will be able to make a purchase soon!

Arianon

Batch2 ordering will start soonish. We will decide next week if we will just be doing the next 3000 then another 4000 without stopping.

craigix said:
Batch2 ordering will start soonish. We will decide next week if we will just be doing the next 3000 then another 4000 without stopping.
Guess you must've put in for the chips in December due to lead times etc.
And no break, wow, you lot must be getting your second wind.
Suppose it may be easier to press on while everything is organised down the hall etc though.

Anyway hope you don't burn yourself out (more than you have) Craig

Last edited by a moderator:
Most other gadgets are moving to the OMAP chips running at 1 Ghz I assume. That would mean the 600 Mhz units should become more readily available.

craigix said:
Any idea of the price of the second batch yet?

j.pickens said:
Does this mean that Fatih has contacted the factory about the remaining 9000 case order being approved?
There's 3000 people who'd like to know the answer to that.

craigix said:
We will be ordering the next 3000 next week.
Good news! Thanks. I hope the Chinese factory won't let you guys down again.

craigix said:
May I enquire why next week? Why not now? Maybe even, why not last week?

Hopefully you appreciate that although I'm chuffed to bits that you've started shipping Pandoras, the thought that there may be a large gap between the despatch of Pandora 1000 and of Pandora 1001, because the case factory slips back into their previous modus operandi, would be doubly frustrating for us 1001+'ers.

Yours hopefully

Nation.A.List

craigix said:

Craig, could you please provide us with more clarification, here? Experience has given us far too many one-liners from you that have been grossly misinterpreted (sometimes phrased to be so).

Your earlier comment:
craigix said:

Makes it unclear if you're referring to the rest of the cases, or parts for the next batch of Pandoras.

If it's the cases, as I hope, will this be *early* next week, or *late* next week? Why the extra time, instead of doing it now, (or earlier this week)? Are you waiting on some other additional checks/approval?

I was under the impression that you'd already *placed* the order for all 10,000, but that you got a special deal to only have them make the first 1,000 for approval. Afterwards, they would do the rest, and so were just waiting on the OK. Does this mean that they will only be making/shipping 3,000 more, or will it be the full 9,000 left?

What is the estimate (from the company, and from you) to produce the rest of them? Will they be shipped all at once, or in batches as they package them up, like from the case factory?

Given the current rate of production (which is...?) do you expect there to be a significant halt in the stream, waiting for the remainder of the cases to arrive?

Thanks for your time and answers.

1st one: Sounds like they order the remaining 3000 cases next week.
2nd one: They think about accepting 2nd batch (pre)orders soon + they have to decide if they produce these 4000 2nd-batch pandoras directly after the first batch.

The more interesting question would be if the chinese factory has to apply some changes or will do some extra jobs - because this could cause additional delays - delays we are all afraid of.
(We means qpos > 1001 )

I sent an email about this about three or four months ago and never got a reply. I've yet to not get a reply on the forum. I'm sure that's why people ask the devs things on the forum.

Back