[Application] Imagination 3.0

Farox

Certified Guru
Website
rbnet.it
Imagination http://imagination.sourceforge.net/ is a lightweight and simple DVD slide show maker.

From a bounch of photos and some music files you can assemble a slideshow with some fancy effects and than export into a video.

A shot from pandora

imagination_5.png

Currently i have some problems exporting to OGV and 3gp, but mpeg (vob) and h264/mpeg4 work fine, instead FLV is working but need more testing.

Download here from the repo....http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=imagination

Thank's a lot to ED for help me upload the pnd to the repo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why?  To have playing in a dentist office waiting room?

Nice!
How long will it take to render a half hour video?

Nice! How long will it take to render a half hour video?
I don't know 30 min of video will be very huge in megabytes...the short (2 min) of example provided with the package will be about 60/70 megabytes in Vob mode (DVD resolution) and the program take 4 or 5 minutes to create the video (i'm going from memory...i don't have playtested much cause free time) i think with lower resolution the things are better :)

Okay i made some exports and i remembered wrongly...sorry

Exporting the example into a .Vob file at PAL resolution will consume 20-25min and produce a 60MB file.

Exporting to .OGV after 10 min of elaboration produce an empty file in sd card so don't work.

Exporting to .3gp  after 4-5 of elaboration min didn't work at all no file saved on my sd card.

Exporting to .h.264 work good and (after 20 min) produce a 70MB file.

Exporting to .FLV work and after 15min produce a 15MB file...but images seems not correctly rescaled (tested exporting at 320x240).

Just terminated my upload to ED's FTP server (i tryed many times with the repo...but failed miserably...i don't know why maybe caused by my internet connection) and email sended.

Added download link to the repo, see first post

Many thanks to ED for the help :)

Looks good, nice one ...  I'd like to see one with all the compo entries, too ... maybe I'll try that :)

This could be good to make a slideshow with screens of some games we can run on Pandora, like for a specific emulator...
Maybe I'll do that for my emulator ports, BeebEm and ArcEm.  I have no videos for them yet.

I collected many images of Beeb games, didn't actually test every one of those games in BeebEm, but they should work ;)

Can you recommend a simple transition in Imagination?  I don't want very fancy ones, just quick fade or slide to the side, or something.  Something that will work well on youtube, with quick slides maybe 2-3 seconds per slide and 1/2 or 1 second for the transition...  It can add the music too, right?

Now we need somehow to combine this with SOLEIL and metasploit for fast distributed video rendering ...

Pandora pwns LAN, renders video in 0.5 seconds, and covers its tracks ...!

I think this is a nice tool, but perhaps it's not well suited to Pandora since will take a long time to render video ...

still, your app can give my Pandora something to dream about overnight!

Do we have any full video editing apps, like e.g. kino, for Pandora?  I don't see any on the repo yet.

Kino is nice, and maybe not TOO heavy... It's kind of insane to try doing that on Pandora, but yeah - maybe it can be done!  heheh

This was just a quick demo of how the program work, don't have enough time to made a video for every compos category..but if someone want to try it will be good.

Hope to see some more videos about this compo.

Now i'm at work, but in the next hours i will upload the imagination project used to create this video, that i remember, is a rescaled down version...cause my internet connection i have problem uploading big files on web.

And here is the project used (with shots and music) to create my presentation http://temp-share.com/show/dPf3Lgu5W

Download and unzip under  /pandora/appdata/imagination on your SD card.

Remember if you need to share imagination project files (*.img files) you need to adjust the path as imagination save the full path onto this files, you can edit it with mousepad as it

are normal text files.

Theres not need to unpack under appdata/imagination/ directory you can select any other dir, but program at first open file browser on this location, so it's founded easily.

Back