Apple Releases New Ipod

And when your battery needs charging, VoiceOver tells you that, too. Learn more about VoiceOver

oh my.

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L2fsubA2-c
Nah, this is the better part:
CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZGIn9bpALo

And this quote has never been more true:
“We’re all going over to the Apple store to make fun of the guys at the Genius Bar. Wanna come?”

Last edited by a moderator:
PoisonedV said:
And when your battery needs charging, VoiceOver tells you that, too. Learn more about VoiceOver

oh my.
So basically, you have to take orders from a little voice only you can hear?

I knew it. Anyone who would buy this is crazy.

'atomicthumbs' said:

oh my.

So basically, you have to take orders from a little voice only you can hear?

I knew it. Anyone who would buy this is crazy.
Well, they will be a lot of crazy people then-including me as I have ordered one already...

And before you all climb on your arrogant high horses and start flaming me as a fanboi, there is something interesting about this, the whole voice over thing is new. It could lead to a whole new level of gadget. Or it might not.

But small people like you, apple haters who love to sit on the sidelines and make snide comments...

God, I hate this place now!

I'm definately not an apple hater :).
I think it looks interesting, might get it if I didn't already have the new nano. (which is great, by the way).

This looks good, I'm surprised apple didn't think of it.... www.engadget.com/2009/03/13/dexims-shu-lip-turns-your-new-ipod-shuffle-into-the-thumb-drive/

'lubidog' said:
..And before you all climb on your arrogant high horses and start flaming me as a fanboi...

...But small people like you, apple haters who love to sit on the sidelines and make snide comments...
Who's on the high horse again?

I personally can't believe that they have taken DRM one-step further than everyone else, and not only have they applied authentication to the headphone lead, you can not plug in any headphones apart from authorised apple ones unless you have a licensing agreement with apple.

Unbelievable.

I assumed the headphones plugged into a standard 3.5mm jack in the top of the headphone "control box", but no.

'Squidge' said:
I personally can't believe that they have taken DRM one-step further than everyone else, and not only have they applied authentication to the headphone lead, you can not plug in any headphones apart from authorised apple ones unless you have a licensing agreement with apple.

Unbelievable.

I assumed the headphones plugged into a standard 3.5mm jack in the top of the headphone "control box", but no.

Just gonna have to cut cables and mix them at random until you get it right then. And guys, snide comments are not cool or appreciated, they're hurtful and only angry bitter cowards would ever make them. :(

The iLounge review has crushed my hopes of this thing actually being any good...

Read it, it sucks.

'lubidog' said:
Well, they will be a lot of crazy people then-including me as I have ordered one already...

And before you all climb on your arrogant high horses and start flaming me as a fanboi, there is something interesting about this, the whole voice over thing is new. It could lead to a whole new level of gadget. Or it might not.

But small people like you, apple haters who love to sit on the sidelines and make snide comments...

Dude I'm no apple hater. I love my iTouch and I'll be getting an iPhone too when my contract is up.

But this product is rediculous, down to it's retarded controls and propriatary headphone requirements.

I'd rather plug my sennheisers into my Itouch and hear the music how it's intended to be played.

Apple thinks they are trying to re-invent the screen, but I think this is one technology "advancement" that other manufacturers will be staying away from.

'lubidog' said:

Um. You saw a topic with the titles "Apple Releases New Ipod, Many laugh", and thought that you'd read it and participate in the discussion... Why? Could you not tell from the title that it would piss you off?

D.

'Nova' said:
I'd rather plug my sennheisers into my Itouch and hear the music how it's intended to be played.
But you can't customize your equalizer! Scoffscoffscoff

*Hugs Walkman*

Back