Apple: 'Hey Siri' Media Event 09.09.2015 :)

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
Apple's 'Hey Siri' Media Event 2015

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/08/what-to-expect-apple-hey-siri-event-sep-9/

What are you people looking forward to?

I wanna see this rumored 12-inch iPad.

Also, wouldn't mind checking out the specs for the rumored iPhone 6S Plus.

simple-apple-logo.gif

Apple iPad Pro (12.9-inch screen @4.3 ratio (as usual))

dsc2007.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/09/apple-ipad-pro-announcement/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully, they anounced Siri to get an Offline Modus, i also have Siri on Ipod Touch, but it only works in WLAN ..

I mean, why would they called the event "hey siri" if its about new iphones and ipads??

Or the voiceactor of Siri is this time, the moderator, who knows??

there is also a male voice actor, behind siri :)

EDIT: and the Female Voice of the german Siri also speaks for a GPS Navigationdevice in some Cars..

I am not looking forward to anything about it.  I am not really interested in most of what Apple does.

What's Siri? Some kind female voiced secretary spy A.I. like Cortana?
Something like that, I think.

"Hey, Siri, leave me alone."

What's Siri? Some kind female voiced secretary spy A.I. like Cortana?
Yes. Siri has been around for years though, don't get the order confused. Cortana only came about because of how successful Siri has been. I don't like Apple but they have done a lot to force the industry to move forward, when they aren't being dicks about it.

What is known about this Apple ARM "A9X" Chip?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing, far as I can tell. They literally just announced it. All the information about it was what's been said at the event.There's some numbers floating around, 80% faster than other processors, 1.6 times the Air 2, twice the graphics power... all just hype at the moment.

Hm, What is known about this Apple ARM "A9X" Chip? Is it any good?
Most likely can't shove it into a Pyra easy...
Damn!  :D

Nothing. Absolutely nothing, far as I can tell. They literally just announced it. All the information about it was what's been said at the event.

There's some numbers floating around, 80% faster than other processors, 1.6 times the Air 2, twice the graphics power... all just hype at the moment.
Well, I'm sure that specs will follow then. Apple is not really into mobile gaming but maybe this SoC has some  interesting performance surprises, who knows.

Hey, Siri, start Emacs!

(yes, I know, xkcd 378)

I really don't see the attraction of voice controlled computing for general use (not disabled people, or hostile environments)

GUIs present users with options. That lowers the entry-threshold and makes more of the program available with less training.

CLIs and keycombo-heavy UIs (e.g. blender) make better use of screen space, and allow faster working with practice.

Where does talking to your computer come in? it seems like the worst of both.

What is known about this Apple ARM "A9X" Chip?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing, far as I can tell. They literally just announced it. All the information about it was what's been said at the event.
There's some numbers floating around, 80% faster than other processors, 1.6 times the Air 2, twice the graphics power... all just hype at the moment.
Wrong. Microsoft has Cortana in Halo on its first console Xbox ;)

Back